Software Engineer in Test Level II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in Manhattan, Ladders is a comprehensive careers resource that helps people 'Manage, Market and Move-up' in their careers.
We are an engineering-team-driven organization. We empower our softwareengineers not just to build great products, but also to have a real say in the 'how' and 'why' the products are being built. We practice continuous integration, test-driven development, peer code reviews, pair programming, and collaborative design studios. You'll be on the cutting edge of current software development best practices and in the position to assist in the introduction of new ones.
We are looking for a SoftwareEngineer, who can provide good test coverage and perform manual testing of code to help ensure our code is clear before we ship.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST:
* Participate in the requirements definition, design and development of a robust, extensible test harness for the company's functional test automation.
* Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology in conjunction with agile team members
* Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
* Execute and interpret test automation results.
* Debug and troubleshoot complex issues, assist with root-cause analysis and provide solutions.
* Track defects / issues and enhancements.
* Prepare reports documenting test execution results.
* Drive metrics to monitor code coverage, bug prevention strategies, and other quality measures.
* Lead the effort to evaluate and select the toolset(s) to use for functional automated testing.
* Assist with the research and development of test automation best practices.
* Maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
* Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed.
* In conjunction with Business and SoftwareEngineers, responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST:
* Is fluent in one or more open source GUI automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver 2.x, Watir or Frank
* Test automation experience in implementing one or more BDD (Gherkin, Cucumber, JBehave, RBehave, RSpec, Jasmine or SpecFlow) and TDD (NUnit or JUnit).
* Experience with backend integration testing.
* Experience working in multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OS X.
* Experienced and motivated working with architects, developers, business project managers to understand and recommend how test automation will be utilized.
* Experience in analyzing and manually testing requirements.
* Previous experience working in a Scrumagilesoftware development environment is strongly preferred.
* Advanced skills in test design and coverage.
* Ability to develop and communicate complex test strategies to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Knowledge of databases, including complex SQL queries.
* Strong ability to multitask. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Bachelor's degree with equivalent experience.
* 2+ years of experience automating tests.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST:
* Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson
* Working knowledge of XML and related technologies.