Software Engineer in Test - Release Quality - SolidFire
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
NetApp is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our new Solidfire team. SolidFire s product is a rapidly growing enterprise class data storage company currently in production with an all SSD solution, specifically designed for large-scale, public and private cloud deployments. SolidFire is delivering high availability, high performance, fault tolerant software that runs concurrently on up to 100 nodes. We flawlessly pool resources and can maintain data integrity even when the network, rack, node, hardware, device, file system, kernel or other software components fail. This is a great opportunity to work on a high powered team delivering an industry changing product within an extremely high growth sector of the tech industry.
Opportunities to Make an Impact
SolidFire is looking for a Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about quality and testability and uses that knowledge to develop innovative automated testing solutions for our state of the art storage solution. This is a high visibility role that will impact the fundamental performance of our new cloud storage product. More specific responsibilities include:
- Drive test effort from planning and organization to execution and delivery
- Participate in developing effective test strategies for system level and cross-functional feature testing
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation to validate complex storage features
- Communicate and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
-The candidate should be self driven, with a strong quality background
- A development background and familiarity with test automation
- Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks
- Software development experience with Python and experience with Linux is a must
All other Operating system experience is a plus
- Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
- Bonus - Storage systems experience in either iSCSI or FC
Education and Experience
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required. 3 to 5 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
Full time / Part time
USA - Colorado - Boulder
NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. NetApp? makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.