Software Engineer (internship) 9/9/2016
Westlake Village, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition :
Job Title :
Software Engineer (internship)
Keysight Technologies (www.keysight.com) has been unlocking electronic measurement insights for 76 years. No other company offers our depth and breadth of measurement tools and expertise. Our singular focus helps scientists and engineers address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. With our help, they are better able to deliver the breakthroughs that make a measurable difference in the world.
Keysight EEsof is a market leader and technology innovator in the EDA (Electronic Design Automation) industry. You will work on a versatile and practical engineering problem space ranging from state of the art simulation technologies for high frequency designs deployed in cell phones, base stations, radars, intuitive user interface design, 2D/3D graphing capabilities, to infrastructure modules that lay out the bedrock for all of our software platforms. You will obtain hands-on experience on multiple OS platforms like Windows and Linux. You will work directly with high-powered Agile software development teams that utilize modern software engineering techniques such as Test-driven development.
- Strong interest in robust and efficient software architecture.
- Good knowledge about software development tools and current methodologies
- Strong intellectual curiosity and strong interest in usability and graphical user interface design
- Working knowledge in C++ or other object-oriented language
- Demonstrated track record of being versatile, a quick learner, and a critical thinker
- Major in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or Math
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas would be an asset:
- Cross-platform development for Windows and Linux
- Application & UI Frameworks like .NET or, preferably, Qt
- Python, Matlab, or other scripting language
- Database and algorithms
- Parallel computing and cloud computing
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws..