Software Engineer - Test
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY United States-California-San Jose
Job: Software Engineering
Primary Location: Full-time
Xilinx is the world's leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs and 3D ICs. These industry-leading devices are coupled with a next-generation design environment and IP to serve a broad range of customer needs, from programmable logic to programmable systems integration. Our All Programmable devices underpin today's most advanced electronics. Among the broad range of end markets we serve are:
* High Performance Computing
* Industrial / Scientific / Medical (ISM)
The candidate would work within the Software Verification team focusing on the Vivado Design Suite and SDAccel Development Environment. This internally focused group works directly with Product Marketing, Applications and Engineering teams to do manual testing, create and maintain automated tests and provide feedback.
The specific focus areas for this position are the Vivado HLx and SDAccel Development Environment . Vivado HLx Editions, accelerates IP creation by enabling C, C and System C specifications to be directly targeted into Xilinx All Programmable devices. The SDAccel development environment is a tool suite for compiling OpenCL programs into a Xilinx FPGA device.
The expected TASKS include:
* Defining use models, scope, and priority for new software features.
* Creating test plans from product specifications.
* Carrying out manual testing of test plans on new features.
* Maintaining and creating automated tests for various product areas.
* Collaborating with other testing resources to ensure comprehensive testing of features.
* Performing manual testing exploring customer design flows.
* Change request (CR) authoring, validation, and management
* Customer issue escalation support
The expected COMPETENCIES for the candidate include:
* Has understanding of High Level Synthesis
* Has understanding of the entire FPGA design process and tool flow.
* Has a basic understanding of testing methodology.
* Triage and troubleshoot to diagnose root cause and potential workarounds.
* Identifies CRs or knowledge gaps
* Able to reproduce complex issues
* Ability to handle and solve simple system level issues
* Verifies CRs
* Has CRs assigned to them for MI (More Information)
* Files quality CRs.
* Offers suggestions for process improvement.
* Drives implementation of process improvements.
Technical Communication and Training
* Can simplify more complex subjects and make them understandable.
* Can communicate with other groups to completely understand specifications and testing requirements.
* Can author accurate documentation, proposals, and testplans for their functional areas under guidance and review.
* Can solve problems with expert help
* Reviews and understands testing methodology to ensure broad and complete coverage.
* Collaborates with other hardware and software groups to ensure effective component integration within the larger system
* Helps manage regression suites for products, and contributes to the tool flow
* Creates environment and infrastructure to test designs in a customer-like environment, and running test scenarios
* Bachelors/Masters degree in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering
* Knowledge of C/C
* Knowledge of Perl or TCL
* Good understanding of digital logic design principles.
* Good time management, organization, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills and motivated to learn.
* 1-2 years of Electronics design experience.
* Knowledge of OpenCL
Schedule: Sep 14, 2016, 5:47:17 PM
Job Posting: Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender Identity or sexual orientation. The self-identification information requested is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment.
Unposting Date: false
Xilinx is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Applicants and employees are treated throughout the employment process without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. The information requested here is not gathered for employment decisions. It is used only for compliance with US Federal laws. Your responses are strictly voluntary, and any information provided will remain confidential. If you choose not to "self-identify", you will not be subject to any adverse treatment