This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription This position is with a digital start-up business in a division of a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the truly tech savvy, customer focused and business-minded technologist who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and help bring an e-commerce business to life! This initiative blends the best of southern lifestyle and entertainment with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The Chief Technologist is accountable for building and providing hands-on leadership to a product team to drive the product strategy and technology roadmap to include the delivery, launch and performance of new digital products in support of this new eCommerce site. This role will assume responsibility for providing the optimal go-to-market digital product suite to execute overall sales strategy and gain market share against our competitors. As such, you will be a key player in helping accelerate the growth of this business and achieve profitable revenues of our markets.
Your overarching focus will be on maximizing revenue through eCommerce, bringing innovative product ideas to market, monitoring and responding to the constantly evolving digital culture and technology, a relentless focus on the customer as well as the needs of the markets, and maximizing return on investment for our advertisers. You bring strong product-oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
* Review technology options and optimization for eCommerce Platforms, Order Management Systems , Product Info Systems, Experience Management and other systems (CRM, ERP, BI, etc.)
* Establish and drive the overall customer / mobile first product roadmap / strategy and vision for the southern food, entertainment and lifestyle business
* Ability to communicate technology strategy and review quality of coding (simple, clean, repeatable) also has the ability to roll-up your sleeves to code when needed
* Set and continuously manage the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders (push back on un-necessary or costly features figure out better alternatives)
* Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair each product s ability to meet its strategic and financial goals
* Work with leadership team on creating best-in-class Product Information Standards for both products and content
* Manage, coach and mentor a team of developers and product managers to maximize results
* Set performance targets, monitor progress against targets and perform evaluations
* Define and ensure proper execution of the following product processes:
* Vendor evaluation and selection
* Product pricing and profitability monitoring
* Vendor performance management
* Product lifecycle management
* Market feedback collection
* Fulfillment strategy
* Partner with other functional groups (i.e. Content, Merchandising and IT) to develop, manage, track, and analyze operational support structures, tools, methods and procedures and processes to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiency, and a quality customer experience
* Able to serve in various Technology and Product Management roles including but not limited to the following:
* Facilitate identification, selection and contractual engagement of product vendors (located both internationally and domestically)
* Manage vendor relationships including monitoring SLAs, overall performance and quality of service
* Analyze competitive offerings to identify technology differentiators (e.g. comp shops)
* Develop and manage entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
* Review consumer research to understand and specify business requirements
* Work with corporate IT, Finance, Risk, Legal on security protocols (PCI, SSL, HTTPS, etc)
* Analyze and evaluate trends impacting managed products and markets
* Engage customers and team to collect product feedback including innovations and enhancements
* Advocate on behalf of customers and team with selected vendors including issue resolution and product enhancement requests
* Create business cases for new product developments to achieve sponsorship
* Work with vendor to convert market requirements into products that meet CMG standards
* Build a defined , repeatable, measurable sales process for product line
* Work with corporate technology team to complete hardware / IT support for team
Minimum four year bachelor s degree in computer science / engineering, MIS or related field, masters preferred.
* Minimum 5-10 years experience in a product management, or development role
* Demonstrated understanding of requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
* Solid business acumen with exceptional knowledge of marketing, sales, and technology development processes
* Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills
* Demonstrated history of technology-based innovation and problem solving; high use of mobile and social media required
* Expertise in web application programming
* Ability to develop strong, working relationships across all levels and deliver solid results
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated bias for customer service
* Ability to manage conflict and stakeholder expectations
* Experience with eCommerce / Blog websites or building large consumer oriented websites a plus.
* Ability to articulate stakeholder needs and define / drive product requirements documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
* Ability to work in a results-oriented, rapidly changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment that requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders and constituents
* Knowledge of various technology development processes / methodologies required; knowledge of Agile development desired
* Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
* Ability to travel as needed to designated markets
* Experience managing complex projects
* Experience with Spree/Ruby or Magento/PHP preferred
* Excitement at the idea of taking full responsibility for an idea and project and seeing it through to execution and completion.
* A passion for design and product
* Ability to use independent judgment
* Detail orientation
* Internal: Audience, Content, Advertising, Merchandising, Operations
* External: Vendors
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE