Software Engineering Manager - Robotics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Global Recruiting Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER - ROBOTICS
A world leader in commercial, automated floor-care machines, has an immediate opening for a Software Engineering Manager. This position will be part of the robotics team, where your skills will be used to advance our state-of-the-art autonomous navigation software, sensor fusion techniques, Internet-of-Things communication, and other interesting challenges in mobile robotics. The software team is growing and this individual will have the opportunity to manage and grow a robotics software group. This role reports directly to the Director of Engineering - Robotics.
* Responsible for overall software design of product line, from embedded systems to enterprise systems
* Continue the development of company's patented autonomous navigation software
* Communicate and collaborate well with in-house and remote engineers, and with representatives of other departments
* Productize new technology from the Architecture Group
* Capture and satisfy business and functional requirements for software
* Track work to the functional requirements
* Work with Test Engineers and Service personnel to support product testing and customer-support efforts
* Generate thorough written and graphic documentation for all design, development and testing
* Generate test plans for unit, integration, and regression testing
* Scope out work for software engineers and external contractors
* Adhere to all regulatory compliance software safety standards
* Travel to customer sites to gather test data, observe units in operation, and learn market needs
* Provide support, training, and mentoring to the software team
* Provide technical recommendations to the Engineering Leadership team
* Manage all source code using version control systems
* Track issues using bug tracking software and delegate issues to engineers as appropriate
* Track Requirements in a requirements management tool
* Provide accurate planning to meet aggressive product development schedules.
* Meet scheduled NPD gates
* Familiar with NPD gate process.
* Other duties as required
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* 12 or more years' experience developing software for embedded systems on single-board computers and microcontrollers
* 5 or more years' experience developing multithreaded software
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Proven ability to debug complex software built upon real-time operating systems
* High proficiency in object-oriented design
* High fluency in C++, C, and assembly language, and demonstrated ability to craft clear and readable source code for embedded systems
* 5 or more years' experience applying Linux to embedded systems, developing device drivers, and utilizing open source libraries appropriately
* 5 or more years' experience in Linux and OS X development environments
* Manage in an Agile environment
* Has Scrum experience and can implement a Scrum/Agile system for up to 15 developers
* Can provide accurate SW schedules to meet aggressive development timelines
* Ability to travel 4 to 6 times a year
* A Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
* Experience with formal software modeling techniques (e.g., SPIN)
* Experience with various sensor modalities employed in mobile robotics
* History of developing software following UL, CE or other regulatory standards
* Unix shell scripting (bash) and use of sed, awk, and other lexical parsing commands
* Experience with Swift/Cocoa app development for OS X and iOS
* Experience with jQuery, PHP, relational database development
* Highly organized - Excellent follow through and follow up skills; results and delivery oriented
* Demonstrated interest in autonomous mobile robotics and desire to produce solid, scalable solutions to real-world usability problems Able to multi-task a variety of duties and work requests
* Self-motivated and works well under pressure with changing priorities and a workload
* Team player with very good collaboration skills, fostering knowledge sharing with multi-functional team members
* Exceptional communication and documentation skills (written and verbal)
THE HIRING COMPANY
Our client creates a world that feels, tastes and works better. In 2015, the Company generated revenue of approximately $7.0 billion by helping their customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today's biggest social and environmental challenges. Their portfolio consists of widely recognized brands, including brand food packaging solutions, brand cushioning and cleaning and hygiene solutions, enables a safer and less wasteful food supply chain, protects valuable goods shipped around the world, and improves health through clean environments. The company has approximately 23,000 employees who serve customers in 169 countries.