Software Engineering - R&D Tax Senior Associate
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
When you choose KPMG as the place to build your career, you can really add value. Our Accounting Methods and Credit Services (AMCS) practice is a team of accountants, attorneys and engineers who assist companies in obtaining tax incentives for investing in activities intended to spur economic growth. Included in our service offerings is Research & Development (R&D) work and Domestic Production Deduction (DPAD) consulting projects. We are looking for experienced engineers to be part of a growing and dynamic national team. This is an opportunity to apply technical engineering expertise in a consulting environment. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate Engineering to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice in our Minneapolis office.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Understand common software development methodologies, object orientated programming concepts and database management system design patterns
- Conduct SME interviews including review of documentation to translate technical software development activities into tax definitions for qualified research and development
- Analyze technical documents to ascertain and document tax treatment of items
- Construct technical narratives to accurately and efficiently convey technical concepts using standard industry terminology
- Work with cross functional team of KPMG engineers to facilitate sharing of best practices
- Minimum two years of Co-op, internship or full time industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, MIS, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, or similar, in addition to working knowledge of SQL, database concepts, common software design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of common computer infrastructure concepts, web-based or n-tiered architectures, performance tuning of databases and middleware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .