Software Engineering - R&D Tax Senior Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhen you choose KPMG as the place to build your career, you can really add value. Our Accounting Methods and Credit Services (AMCS) practice is a team of accountants, attorneys and engineers who assist companies in obtaining tax incentives for investing in activities intended to spur economic growth. Included in our service offerings is Research & Development (R&D) work and Domestic Production Deduction (DPAD) consulting projects. We are looking for experienced engineers to be part of a growing and dynamic national team. This is an opportunity to apply technical engineering expertise in a consulting environment. We are currently seeking a Senior Associate Engineering to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice in our Minneapolis office.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Understand common software development methodologies, object orientated programming concepts and database management system design patterns
- Conduct SME interviews including review of documentation to translate technical software development activities into tax definitions for qualified research and development
- Analyze technical documents to ascertain and document tax treatment of items
- Construct technical narratives to accurately and efficiently convey technical concepts using standard industry terminology
- Work with cross functional team of KPMG engineers to facilitate sharing of best practices
- Minimum two years of Co-op, internship or full time industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering, MIS, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, or similar, in addition to working knowledge of SQL, database concepts, common software design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of common computer infrastructure concepts, web-based or n-tiered architectures, performance tuning of databases and middleware
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .