Software Implementation & Service Specialist - Rochester, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONHEALTHCARE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION & TRAINNG SPECIALIST (Rochester, NY or Remote)
Are you that rare individual with strong software, hardware, and networking skills, a love of learning, and a desire to travel? If so, this exceptional opportunity at Getinge USA is perfect for you.
· Have your passport ready, since you will travel throughout the US and Canada to customer sites.
· You will learn to perform implementation of T-DOC systems and modules, thus becoming a subject matter expert on the company's infection control software.
· This blended role will suit a Road warrior who can provide technical know-how, service skills, user training, and continuing tech support to clients.
You will join a leader in the healthcare sector and build an exciting, stable career with like-minded co-workers, dedicated to excellence, who will mentor you and encourage your growth.
Getinge seeks a proactive technical specialist who has the desire and confidence to interact with our far-flung clients and provide them with excellent service. You may work from your home or, if you live in Rochester, from our Rochester, New York offices.
· After training, you will prepare for software installations, travel to client sites for implementation, and work with internal and external teammates to provide great service.
· You will also train client administrators and users on how to use the product, so some experience with onsite training is desirable.
· You will coordinate internal functions related to each project, such as installation, start-up, resolution of any issues, and final documentation. This involves interaction with customers, IT staff, and vendors, as needed. Remote support will include troubleshooting via phone or company systems.
· The ideal candidate for this position will have one or more years of hands-on IT experience and/or help desk experience in a device tracking or asset management environment, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Although you will be installing software, you will also need networking, configuration, and peripheral hardware troubleshooting skills.
· You will have a strong working knowledge of the Windows OS, PC hardware and software, networking, system configuration, troubleshooting, firewalls, security, VPNs, and client server technology.
· You will also be able to use hand tools to install, test, and monitor equipment. Experience with a SQL database is required, along with strong Excel and optional Access skills.
· If you have selling and/or training experience, those will be plus factors. An Associate or Bachelor's degree in IT, IS, CE, Engineering or a related discipline is desirable.
You will travel 70%, so a road warrior mindset, a valid passport, and driver's license are essential. At the same time, there will be days when your own home office is your workplace, and on those days comfy clothes will be acceptable attire.
The company provides a generous salary and an excellent benefits plan, along with continuing education and career growth. If you've read this far and your pulse is racing at the prospect of traveling while you advance your technical career, please apply today.
Getinge Infection Control (GETINGE) is one of the three business areas within GETINGE AB, a publicly-listed, Swedish-based group of companies. The Getinge Infection Control business area consists of two divisions: Healthcare and Life Sciences.
Together with the two other business areas, Extended Care (ARJOHUNTLEIGH) and Medical Systems (MAQUET), the entire GETINGE group of companies focuses on state-of-the-art medical technology. Worldwide, Getinge Infection Control ranks among the leading providers of disinfectors and sterilizers within the healthcare and life sciences segments. Since its foundation more than 100 years ago, Getinge Infection Control has stood for innovation and technological progress in the field of disinfection and sterilization.
The Getinge Infection Control organization is found all over the world, with 29 subsidiaries on six continents and over 230 distributors and partner companies. Getinge USA, Inc. is Getinge Infection Control's North American sales and service company. We value diversity. Getinge USA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / M/F/D/V.
**Please no solicitations from agencies**