Software Integration Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is seeking a Senior Command & Control (C2) Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The Software Integration Engineer will support SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic and other stakeholders in support of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) projects. C4ISR programs support US warfighters in making quality intelligence decisions in the field.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Provide engineering leadership in support of GCCS-J and other joint and service-level C4ISR systems and mission requirements.
* Perform software integration and engineering, as well as maintenance, of existing Intelligence and Operational Systems.
* Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide appropriate support to identify and solve problems.
* Maintain Solaris, Linux, and Microsoft Windows-based systems.
* Maintain the system Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA) compliance and system security configurations.
* Perform research and design of complicated computer systems as needed, and author white papers on new technologies for insertion into program functions.
* Write scripts, programs, and other tools as needed to ensure the program meets contract requirements.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field, OR comparable education and experience typically obtained by two (2) or more years related work experience.
* Possess DoD 8570 approved security certification (CISSP, Security+, GSEC) OR must be able to obtain certification within six (6) months of employment.
MINIMUM SKILLS :
* Extensive C2 systems engineering experience in a DoD environments, with the proven ability to manage multiple high profile projects concurrently.
* Strong background in administrating, operating, and maintaining C2 system and networks, specifically in the area of GCCS-J system administration and integration.
* Strong background in the GCCS, family of systems and other variants, systems administrator and architecture support requirements.
* Knowledge of current C2 coalition mission networks and systems, including CENTRIXS-SWA, Afghanistan Mission Network (AMN), FMN, BICES, CENTRIXS, JADOCS, ABCS, DGCS, CPOF, and CENTCOM Partner Network.
* Must have developed communication skills and be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely in both verbal and written format.
* Must be a team player, dedicated to program support, capable of multitasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines.
* Must be well organized, reliable, conscientious, and capable of managing resources and schedules to meet deadlines for multiple simultaneous projects.
* Be a self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision.
* Open to new ideas.
* A creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, dynamic, and complex organization.
* Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, commitment to high standards, innovative, discriminating judgment, credibility, and accountability.
* Possess the initiative to identify, communicate, and solve problems with a multitude of team members and customers.
* Ability to provide accurate input to plans and schedules.
DESIRED SKILLS :
* Skills associated with installation, maintenance and operations of GCCS servers, ICSF clients, Agile Client, I3, Joint Command and Control Common User Interface (JC2CUI) and Command and Control Personal Computer (C2PC) with emphasis on communications configuration, track data flow and synchronization of the COP.
* Operational experience working with the GCCS or any of its service variants (GCCS-M, GCCS-A, GCCS-AF, IAS/TCS (Intelligence Analysis System / Tactical Combat Server) , and/or Theater Battle Management Core System (TBMCS)).
* Extensive experience with installation administration and maintenance of Solaris 10, Windows 2008/2012 server, Windows 7 clients.
* UNIX Sybase and oracle database administration experience.
* On-the-job experience with the administration of GCCS-J or service-specific systems.
* Experience in Global Command and Control System (GCCS), understanding Windows Active Directory and VMware is desired.
* Experience in military Joint Headquarters environments is essential.
* Effective technical writing skills are essential.
* VMware (ESX, ESXi, Workstation, VCenter, VSphere).
* Scripting/programming (Powershell, AutoIT, Shell Scripting, C++, C#, C, Java, etc) is a plus.
* Scanning tools (Gold Disk, eEye Retina, Nessus) is a plus.
* Storage Area Networks, and Network Attached Storage (NAS) is a plus.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled