Software Integration Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Advantage Resourcing - XPO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
The Integration Engineer will be the Subject Matter Expert for their programs and is a technical resource to test teams, training, business, sales and support teams. Must have a strong technical competency on a wide breath of technology and topics as this position is accountable to the program on project status, being the customer advocate and assessing solution readiness.
* Delivery oversight for documentation, training.
* Utilize resources to complete tasks and provide oversight and accountability for final delivery.
* System Validation - Responsible for developing system test strategy and plan; accountable for software quality.
* Will lead or manage a validation team and/or perform validation (depending on size of program).
* Position requires self-directed individual who takes initiative with minimal level of direction.
* Individual who is confident with their knowledge and comfortable to make decisions and take risks as appropriate per the direction and pace of the project.
* Technical Resource
* Comprehend and communicate solution workflows and interactions with integrated systems (including 3rd party software).
* Comprehend roadmap and trends of project by working closely with architects, development and business/program teams.
* Maintain a system focus with awareness to the customer requirements and environment.
* Validation / QA
* Translate Solution Goals and Specifications into System Validation Requirements. Develop end-to-end solution workflow test cases based on software and solution goals.
* Contribute to failure mode analysis activities.
* Support Test Lead and Test Teams as SME to enable better technical understanding.
* Final approval and handoff of software and documentation to delivery team.
* Software Support
* Support early customer engagement activities such as deliver demos, validation and delivery of pre-launch software; develop installation instructions, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Triaging and working problems through to resolution; identifying a problems impact and all possible workarounds.
* Provide Customer Support by developing and delivering support team training. Monitor and respond to online customer support forums and be a resource for escalations.
* Work with documentation team to design and author customer documentation. Customer-facing documentation may include Install, Configuration, User, or Troubleshooting Guide; Customer Expectation Document and Software/Network Security Document.
* Produce professional-services guides such as site-prep configuration document or advanced analyst guide.
* Project Coordination of key solution deliverables to program team or TPM.
* Input to schedules, strategies and plans for Test, Support, Documentation, Training, Deployment, Demo, and Feasibility.
* Working with many cross functional groups and stakeholders to complete Integration, Validation, Documentation and Training.
* Requires strong technical capability and interpersonal skills with ability to adapt to the audience: developers, technical team, business team, field support, and customers.
* Ability to grasp technical concepts at both a high and detailed level. To conceptualize issue or approach when processing new information or troubleshooting.
* Ability to lead and coordinate complex topics and deliverables across many functional areas.
* Ability to multitask and shift focus across multiple projects with changing deadlines and priorities.
* Working knowledge of configuration for mobile devices (iOS, Android), networks, cloud environment, web servers, Protocols (SNMP, HTTP), latest Windows OSs, APIs, integration with back end systems.
* Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline with at least 5 years technical experience.
* Alternatively: AAS in a technology discipline or BS/BA in non-technical discipline; with a minimum 10 years technical experience.
About Advantage Resourcing
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our clients workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.