Software Licensing Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader for over 25 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products.
Our Product Use Rights Library (PURL) Team develops the content that makes it quicker and easier for non-experts to get the most out of our leading solution: FlexNet Manager Suite. We work extensively with engineering and product management to understand the complexities of software licensing and design solutions that help our customers more effectively use the software they already have and purchase only what they need . As a center of excellence we also educate and support field personnel and customers around the world.
We are looking for someone with software asset management experience to join our team and leverage that expertise to improve Flexera Software s enterprise solutions and customer implementations and outcomes. If you can calculate software license costs for deployments in dynamic virtual environments, we are interested in talking to you.
Flexera Software is the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance, security and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and software installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous software licensing compliance, optimized software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
* Research software contracts and agreements to encode provisions into Product Use Rights Libraries (PURLs)
* Understand software asset management complexities facing enterprises
* Design new mechanisms to automate optimization of complex software license entitlements
* Consulting and support for customer implementations on an ad hoc basis with occasional travel
* Strong knowledge of software contracts, EULAs, entitlements, and use rights
* Expertise in software licensing with depth in one or more major vendors (e.g., Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, Symantec, VMware)
* Experience providing Software Asset Management (SAM) services to enterprises and in preparing for software license audits
* Strong attention to detail is necessary
* Familiarity with agile software development tools and techniques a plus
* Critical Thinking Analyzes data and other sources of information, breaks them into component parts, patterns and relationships; seeks greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
* Ability to Learn Stays flexible, listens to new perspectives, grows from mistakes, and rises to a diverse array of challenges
* Communication Ability to understand complex technical concepts and translate those into business need or solution. Communicates in a well-structured and logical way
* Deciding & Initiating Action Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks
* Organizational Influence Drives results cross functionally, shaping the actions of geographically and culturally diverse stakeholders ; able to work remotely within virtual teams
Flexera Software is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status or status as a Vietnam-era or other veteran or any other legally protected class.