Software Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 2/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONContribute to the productivity of development projects by leading the software development efforts for Mobile Platforms. Work with cross-functional teams to define program schedules, drive the day-to-day execution across multiple functional/organizational teams, apply risk management as necessary and ultimately deliver a software release with the expected functional and quality criteria.
* Develop and maintains software product development schedules with well-defined milestones
* Manage resource allocation for funded projects and other R&D activities.
* Manage and track program schedules, technical issues, and negotiate priorities against project plans to ensure key internal and external deliverables are met
* Determine risks, develop mitigation strategies and communicate impacts
* Provide effective communication regarding status, issues, objectives, dependencies, risks and plan execution to management, product development teams and customers
* Oversee integration of software from multiple organizations
* Lead and drive internal cross functional teams to meet program deliverables and quality criteria according to program milestones.
* Apply judgment in order to resolve issues and define a lowest-risk path to production is critical
* Support and drive continuous improvement to an established product development process
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelor s or Master s in CS or EE with 5+ years as a Program Manager within the Semiconductor Industry
* Prior experience managing complex technical projects interfacing with software engineering and quality assurance teams
* Experience managing numerous parallel software development projects with key intercepts across multiple silicon development projects and driving resulting priorities or trade-off decisions in coordination with appropriate software engineering and marketing representatives
* A strong software development background, with experience in development and product delivery for one or more of the following environments: Android, Linux, embedded firmware, drivers, GUI/applications, or SW tools for Mobile Platforms
* Proficient with project/program management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, agile methodologies and bug tracking applications
* Leadership skills along with excellent communication, organizational and people skills and the ability to work across functional groups
* Hands-on experience with developing and reporting on metrics for software development, test execution, bugs, issues, risks, and other aspects of project and program management
* Outgoing, highly organized, persistent and tenacious, with the ability to influence without authority
* Strong skills in the Microsoft area including Microsoft Project (ideally 2003/2007), Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Knowledge of project methodology (PMI, APM, Prince2 and/or SCRUM)
* Experience with software product development cycles (concept to production). CPM certification (or equivalent) is a plus
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Individuals seeking employment at Cirrus Logic are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.