Software Project Lead / Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Michigan City, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SOFTWARE PROJECT LEAD/PROJECT MANAGER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: MICHIGAN CITY, IN
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
Year of exp 7-15 years
* Leadership skills: Can effectively lead an engineering team and motivate team to provide excellent results. Demonstrated success in program management role. Good team player.
* Track record of successful launches of automotive electronics products.
* Hands-on approach: does whatever is necessary to meet customer deliverables.
* Familiar with requirements management tools such as Doors
* Excellent customer presentation skills. Can explain a complex technical system in simple terms. Can think about a positive response to any question on the spot. Calm under significant pressure.
* Strong technical background.
* Self-Motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to a highly unstructured task. Ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
* Experience with Automotive automotive cameras
* Experience leading global teams with members in US, Japan
* Experience in handling Japanses customer (Nissan)
* Expertise in using CAN based tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe.
* Project management certification is a plus
DETAILED TASKS INCLUDE:
* Plan the engineering development:
* Breakdown development into work packages.
* Estimate effort associated with work packages.
* Prepare timing plan.
* Tailor development process to project needs.
* Prepare other documents, as needed.
* Direct day-to-day activities of an engineering development team, including electrical, mechanical, software and validation engineers. Prioritize engineering resources. Make sure engineering deliverables are on-time and meet quality expectations.
* Review and approve engineering work products. Own the product design.
* Act as the primary technical interface to the customer. Attend customer PDT meetings. Manage and negotiate customer requirements, change requests, and unwritten expectations.
* Direct and support the build of engineering development samples. Providing the overall product engineering interface to manufacturing. Ensure design for manufacturability, smooth transition into manufacturing (especially for new designs), supporting manufacturing builds, and launch.
* Track issues and defects, prepare 8Ds, present to customer, and ensure timely resolution.
* Manage engineering risks. Elevate risks soon enough to apply corrective action. Report status, prepare contingency plans and execute corrective actions.
* Manage changes: Estimate cost and timing impact of change requests, negotiate implementation with customer.
* Make sure documents and other work products are prepared and stored correctly, and that revisions are managed.
* Report development status to management.
* Actively pursue cost saving ideas.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :