Software Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Manning Personnel Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a growing Manufacturing Company seeking a Software Project Manager to join our team! The ideal candidate for this role would have great skills in leadership and management of project teams, project management, and process monitoring and control.
* Manages project life cycle from initiation through deployment and project closure
* Manages the day-to-day activities of projects and project staff; continuously communicates with project teams and stakeholders
* Provides visibility to team status and escalates issues to senior management, plans and tracks release milestones for software releases
* Helps facilitate and communicate risk analysis for projects
* Works with project managers of other teams to ensure overall business needs are being met for company initiatives.
* Develops positive and effective relationships with business users and IT group. Creates, manages and tracks project artifacts
* Project schedules, including estimates versus actuals
* Communicates and collaborates with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders
* Makes recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members
* Serves in Scrum Master role, as needed, to support Scrum software development methodology
* Works closely with Business Departments, including but not limited to: Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Support, Sales, Finance, Procurement, R&D, Distribution and Network groups to create and execute project release plans that satisfy stakeholder needs
* Drives decisions, including difficult tradeoffs that may be needed between resources, schedule, and functionality
* Works with functional managers to support both dedicated and matrix resources
* Assists in the gathering, understanding and documentation of the customers' business requirements to facilitate the generation of technical and cost model content for formal customer proposals
* Performs analysis of existing business processes, as well as, new business development processes.
* Works with technical development staff, project manager(s), production managers, and executive-level managers throughout all phases of a project life cycle to ensure customers' requirements are understood and met, and to ensure proper documentation by team members in accordance with company standards
* Monitors project controls for regulatory requirements (e.g., FDA requirements for computer systems)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* PMP certification is preferred
* Scrum Master certification is a plus
* Five years related experience in a technology based manufacturing environment, including two to three years of professional experience in project management
* Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams
* Knowledge of IT infrastructure
* Experience in working directly with customers
* A strong desire for quality and attention to detail with excellent, problem solving and organizational skills