Software Project Manager 8/16/2016
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BirchStreet is a leading, global provider of cloud-based Procure-to-Pay (P2P) solutions for the hospitality industry with thousands of customers in 100 countries connecting to over 345,000 suppliers. We are experiencing rapid growth and are adding several new members to our Project and Account Deployment team. This team is charged with deploying new customer implementation projects.
As a Software Project Manager at BirchStreet, you will have the primary responsibility for deploying our software solution across our customer's multiple locations, typically hotels. This involves working internally and externally coordinating tasks, arranging the implementation schedule with internal Technical Services and Training departments and ensure the successful implementation. Knowledge of software and business applications is essential to this position.
* Business / Needs analysis
* Gathering customer requirements and coordinating activities during implementation
* Establishing and maintaining timelines for implementation projects
* Scheduling customer deployment with internal technical team, while effectively managing the process
* Assisting with training and initial support for customers
* Identifying potential issues and resolutions to mitigate risks
* Identifying opportunities for process improvement based on best practices
* Managing all stages of the project life cycle from pre-sales to post implementation
* Ability to work with multiple customer accounts at the same time.
The following are the minimum qualifications for the Software Project Manager position:
* B.S. in Business or Finance (related fields acceptable) or equivalent experience
* 3-5years of experience in programming and/or deploying business applications (Accounting, ERP, Retail, etc.)
* Working knowledge of SQL query and MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Any experience with eProcurement systems a plus
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work directly with customers
* Knowledge of software applications is a must
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Bilingual is a plus
This position is based in our Newport Beach, California headquarters. Our applications are cloud-based and therefore, most of our implementation work is done in our offices in California. However, limited travel may be required. Local candidates preferred.