Software QA Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Are you a passionate Software Quality Assurance Engineer who wants to make a difference and help cure cancer?
We are a small but lively team of software engineers and computational scientists committed to agile development practices. Today, our tools and platforms are used by thousands of researchers across the globe, processing petabytes of data, and consuming hundreds of thousands of core-hours weekly. We are building an elastic-compute service architecture on both public and private clouds to scale those numbers even further.
We are seeking a talented and motivated software quality assurance engineer to join our newly formed engineering team and help us chart a new course in genomics. We are a core part of the Broad Institute, a deeply-collaborative scientific institution that is transforming medicine and human health by building software solutions to process and analyze scientific data on an unprecedented scale. No medical, genomics, or scientific background is required, just an enthusiasm to improve the world of medicine and apply exceptional software quality assurance practices through your testing.
Our ideal candidate will work within a close-knit, friendly team and will:
* Enjoy working in a collaborative setting with existing team members.
* Be able to work independently and know when to ask for help.
* Enjoy organizing and executing software quality assurance testing and release for a broad range of systems across our full stack, to be used internally as well as by the worldwide genomics community.
* Apply and educate on current software testing best practices to assure that new functionality is of production quality
* Have excellent attention to detail and take pride in his or her work.
* Have a strong desire to learn about sequencing, genomics and the scientific work of the Broad Institute.
* Responsible for developing, coding, debugging and maintaining our automation tests and framework, reporting and tracking defects, and advancing the capabilities of our automated testing system. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with good coding skills and practices.
* Primary responsibility for quality assurance from design and planning phase through deployment to ensure requirements are met.
* Summarize and report on quality assurance status to stakeholders, management, and peers.
* Consult with project teams, including engineering and devops, to write and execute test scripts designed to verify the functionality of new and existing analysis algorithms and core architecture components.
* Create and maintain test suites for the testing of novel bioinformatics algorithms, as well as the integration of these algorithms into larger software systems.
* Apply automated software testing packages.
* Work with existing users to provide education and resolution of issues.
* Work to integrate new technologies and systems, both on-premises and cloud-based, into existing testing infrastructure.
* Participate in group design and code reviews, as well as drive SQA requirements and acceptance criteria for projects.
* Identifying and driving resolution of software quality issues
* Designing, developing and executing automated and manual test plans
* Work with developers to resolve bugs
* Team member that works with many different facets of the organization
The following skills are essential for this position:
* Active and well rounded knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills and be highly detail-oriented.
* Self-starter with excellent problem-solving, organizational, and people skills.
* Must be able to deal with a rapidly-changing and high-demand environment.
* Experience with Selenium or equivalent automation framework
* Proficiency working with relational databases and in writing SQL queries.
* Experience working in unix/linux environments, including basic shell scripting.
* Minimum 3 years experience.
The following skills are helpful but not essential:
* Experience developing in or working with Scala and cloud-based environments.
* Gatling performance test knowledge
* Familiarity with bioinformatics software.
* Interest or experience in biology and/or genomics.
EOE / Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabilities