Software QA Engineer 8/10/2016
Great River, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Netsmart Technologies, Inc. is an established, leading supplier of enterprise-wide software solutions for health and human services providers with over 1400 clients, including 36 systems with state agencies. Netsmart's clients include health and human services organizations: public health agencies, mental health and substance abuse clinics, psychiatric hospitals, and managed care organizations. Avatar Practice Management and the Avatar Clinician Workstation, Netsmart's core products are full-featured information systems that operate on a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, and mobile devices and offer unlimited scalability. Netsmart Technologies is #41 on the healthcare informatics top 100.
We look for exceptional professionals who enjoy being part of a fast-paced and exciting organization. We value individual contributions in a team setting, backed by a progressive set of support tools and training. If you are seeking an environment that encourages constant growth and skill improvement, consider a career at Netsmart Technologies, Inc.!
* Evaluates and performs manual and automated testing against new or modified software programs and procedures used to verify that programs function according to requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
* Writes, revises, and verifies test plans and test procedures for program defect identification and resolution and product enhancement evaluations to attain a level of quality software, economically and efficiently.
* Evaluate, generate, execute, and maintain full test scenarios, cases, and scripts to ensure requirements coverage and replicability with positive and negative testing.
* Collaboratively works with developers to build out unit tests for test-driven development supporting an agile approach as well an additional path to further advance development skills.
* Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, usability, or testing implications.
* Conduct software compatibility tests against changing programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
* Identify, report, and track product defects as well as addressing need for additional product functionality in a clear and concise form.
* Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow simulated and comparable testing.
* Provide troubleshooting/problem resolution for client issues when required.
* Take initiative, prioritize, and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment a must.
* Perform various types of testing to include: Unit, Functional, Regression, Portability, UX, and Smoke testing.
* Review End User and Technical Documentation generated for accuracy, completeness, and overall quality.
* Measurement tracking: Identify defect densities, open defect counts, and other data elements contributing to quality metrics.
* Provide estimation of tasks, and on-time delivery against stated schedules.
* Work with the software development team to improve the quality of healthcare software delivered. Makes recommendations for application and test procedure improvements.
Requirements - Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree in a technical field or related work experience
* 1-3 years experience performing software testing and quality assurance or development.
* Capable of independent work within the full software development life-cycle within a large scale enterprise environment
* Strong understanding of technology with a natural inquisitiveness.
* Extensive troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
* Ability to work together as a team with geographically dispersed teammates.
* Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills
* Reliable and organized with a strong attention to detail.
* Ability to logically identify and resolve issues using a level of abstraction and prediction where necessary.
* Experience with software development, software automation and test tracking tools against Java, Delphi, and/or .Net coding platforms is preferred: Quick Test Pro/Unified Functional Testing, SilkPerformer, Test Director and/or equivalents
* Familiarity with State and Federal Healthcare regulatory guidelines is preferred.
* 1-2 years experience in healthcare management and/or pharmacy support/implementation and with associated software systems is preferred.