Software Quality Assurance Analyst 9/1/2016
Harris Computer Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Harris Govern (www.harrisgovern.com) is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join the Research & Development team!
This is an important role working to ensure new software development and issue resolutions are ready for release to our customers. High-level responsibilities include:
* Analyzing requirements
* Developing test plans and executing tests
* Documenting results
* Tracking issues
* Verifying all information about each modification is documented correctly
Our Quality Assurance Analyst create end-to-end test plan, executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure all the objectives are met and the solution works as expected.
Do you have testing experience with strong analytical and SQL skills*
If the answer is yes, join our R&D team and APPLY TODAY!
* Analyze software requirements and technical specifications.
* Participate in requirement and design review meetings.
* Develop clear and concise test cases including detailed expected results based on business requirements and technical specifications.
* Execute complex functional, integration and regression tests.
* Manage defects discovered during testing activities, validate fixes and track defects to closure.
* Proactively communicate with team members, report progress or any show stoppers.
* Partner with Development, Business and Client Services group to ensure that the project deliverables meet functional and operational needs of the business.
* Provide status updates to relevant stakeholders and ensure that deadlines are met.
* Analyze and report quality assurance metrics, such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
* Use a wide variety of software tools including writing SQL queries and verify data flow across various systems.
* BA or BS degree in Information Systems, Business, Engineering or a related discipline.
* 2 years of hands on testing experience.
* Experience in quality assurance of software applications.
* Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and SQL writing skills.
* Experience with TFS or any defect tracking tool.
* Strong analytical and detail oriented person with strong problem solving abilities.
* Team oriented with strong organizational skills.
* Strong verbal/interpersonal and written communication skills.
At Harris Govern (www.harrisgovern.com), we build software solutions specific to the requirements of Local Government and utilities. Our software suite enables us to bring comprehensive, innovative technology solutions to county governments nationwide.
Harris Computer Systems is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.