Software Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Safran Morpho Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
MorphoTrust USATM provides a full range of iris, fingerprint and facial biometric technologies, as well as systems and solutions that empower the identification of individuals in large-scale identity and identity management programs.
We are seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at our office in Bloomington, MN. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer is primarily responsible for the development of in-house testing tools in a combination of languages on multiple platforms.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Develop and execute formal test procedures. This will involve creating and executing test specifications from design requirements, analyzing and reporting test results and reporting on defect resolution.
* Perform systems integration level testing of systems, software and custom solutions, verifying conformance to established requirements. Diagnose and resolve causes of failures.
* Assist in preparing test plans and prepare detailed test cases.
* Write and execute scripts, automated testing tools, test clients.
* Test all new products releases / builds and test biometric software before shipping to customer.
* Log, track and verify resolution of software defects. Document the results of the tests using tools such as JIRA, TestTrack, etc.
* Install the products and verify User Guides and Installation documents.
* Test all customer implementations including fresh installations and migrations by replicating their environment.
* Responsibilities include interacting with software development, reporting results to management, and help in writing functional specifications.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of testing processes, methodologies (Agile preferred) and understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
* Strong attention to details and ability to do multi-tasking.
* Strong communication and organizational skills.
* Analytical and problem solving skills with hands-on, get it done attitude.
* Self-Starter, customer service oriented and ability to communicate with business partners.
* Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
* 2-4 years of experience in software development and testing.
* Hands-on experience with the following programming languages: Bash, Windows Command Shell, Ant, Java, and C# .
* Exposure to Scripting/Markup Languages (Perl, Ruby, Pyton, Scala, SML/HTML) a plus
* Experience with testing frameworks.
* Exposure to one or more of the following RDBMS technologies: H2, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
* Experience with testing of complex software systems.
* Experience with distributed services oriented software systems preferred.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work
* Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving and automobile, etc.
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment
* The work requires occasional light physical effort with some lifting and moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
* Some travel will be required locally and domestically. This should not exceed 10% of the time, but may be more during key projects
Must be a US Citizen, without dual Citizenships
MorphoTrust is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics