Software Quality Assurance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company* Pragmatics, Inc. is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to support the USSOCOM DCGS-SOF program at MacDill AFB in Tampa FL.
* TS/SCI desired, but will accept secret
* Perform unit testing on all software/applications developed by the software development team.
* Ensure that Quality processes are followed and that defects discovered during unit testing are fixed and retested before promoting to system testing.
* Develop and institute automated software testing to perform system tests, regression testing, and performance testing.
* Engineer and implement solutions for problems or software enhancements as required to augment the development team during surge periods.
* Write code, test, and debug new software or make enhancements to existing software as required to augment the development team during surge periods.
* Work closely with the DCGS-SOF solutions architect, systems engineers, database administrators, and other software engineers in developing and integrating software solutions into the DCGS-SOF baseline.
* Develop and perform peer reviews of user manuals and other required documentation supporting the development lifecycle.
* Participate in Scrum meetings and sprint planning.
* 1-2 years of experience performing Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
* 2-4 years of experience with software design, development, integration, and testing.
* Strong skills using Selenium
* Experience working in an Agile development environment.
* Experience working with the J2EE application architecture.
* Experience working with database administration and design.
* Security+ Certification
* Excellent communication skills; effective listening skills and follow through.
* Ability to independently and as a member of a team resolve software problems.
* Detail oriented and organized; able to drive solutions using the software development life cycle.
* Team player able to work with a project manager, solutions architect, other developers, and customers.
* NOSQL database expertise.
education and years of experience
* Bachelor s degree in IT curriculum and 2 to 4 years of experience; or Master s and 0 to 2 years of experience.
Join an established and reliable mid-tier government contractor with a reputation for excellence. For over 30 years, Pragmatics, Inc. has provided state-of-the-art technology services and solutions to the federal government. We provide software engineering, agile business intelligence and analytics, audiovisual and learning technologies, cybersecurity, systems engineering, independent verification and validation, IT service management, program management, and transportation solutions. Pragmatics has diverse contracts with both defense and civilian agencies. We have been externally appraised at SEI CMMI Level 5 and are ISO 9001, ISO/IEC 27001, and ISO/IEC 20000-1 certified.
Pragmatics strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about our company and our benefits at: www.pragmatics.com. Pragmatics is an Equal Opportunity Employer