Software Quality Assurance 9/17/2016
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
Software Quality Assurance
This role is responsible for the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining test cases, test scripts, test reports, and test plans to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Collaborating iteratively with the business, product, and development team throughout all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with regard to software acceptance criteria.
* Create and execute test plans, test scripts and test cases, as well as assist in isolating problems after a software release.
* Create traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
* Create and maintain test case documentation for custom software, which are complete, thorough and clearly written; documenting, tracking and communicating project testing risks, test results, status, defect analysis and unresolved problems for multiple projects; and providing recommendations for improvement to the development team.
* Records and analyzes actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
* Provide high levels of functionality, usability and testability expertise during requirements phase.
* Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
* Assist the development team in debugging and replicating issues.
* Analyze project data and provide recommendations to the project manager on risks and issues that could seriously impact the success of the project; identify risks introduced by changes to the software.
* Serve as a subject matter expert on all software quality assurance processes.
* Support various project leads with ad-hoc business analysis tasks.
* Gain and maintain familiarity with all operating environments.
EOE AA m/f/vet/disability
Educational & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 2 years of software quality assurance experience on enterprise systems.
* Professional/Technical Knowledge
o Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
o Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.