Software Quality Assurance Manager 8/16/2016
Far Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The SoftwareQuality Assurance (SQA) Manager is responsible with providing the company and our vendors with a rigorous quality assurance culture and process ensuring technology products are released with high quality and usability. The SQA Manager takes ownership, assigns and provides hands-on support with the development and carrying out of test cases, regression testing, implementation testing and investigation for the entire suite of products. The SQA Manager owns and leads the Quality Assurance strategy and execution holistically across all company systems in a progressive manner.
* Develops quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
* Cultivate and promote an excellent test driven development cycle that incorporates QA and testing as an integral part of the planning and development process.
PROCESSES AND TOOLS
* Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring the team is using current best practices to maintain the highest level of softwarequality.
* Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
* Responsible for continually evaluating effectiveness of test methodologies and regression scripts.
* Perform functional testing of features for release cycles.
* Compile a comprehensive test library including automated test scripts, continually updated comprehensive regression test procedures, as well as additional feature-specific tests.
* Responsible for identifying bugs and communicating their business impact to facilitate decision-making by product management and engineering.
* Escalation point for Technical Support to troubleshoot and assessing bugs to be addressed.
* Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach and council resources; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* As a member of the product team they assure that at a minimum the company standards are utilized by all vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* 7 years of progressive experience in full life cycle Quality Assurance
* 3 years of demonstrated team leadership
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related filed or equivalent work experience
* Deep hands-on and proven experience in developing and delivering thorough QA testing processes and tool sets
* Clear competency in cross-browser compatibility testing
* Experience with leading teams doing testing automation using tools for testing and monitoring the functionality, performance and impact of scripts across different browsers, operating systems and devices
* Attention to detail - ability to uncover details and think through undocumented use cases that can break the system
* Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best in class practices around Quality Assurance
* Proven competency to innovate and execute within an established business environment and platform
* Current experience working with Microsoft on premise, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and Hybrid environment projects
* All levels of the organization
* Partner Organizations
* Various web site service providers
* Technology partners
* Third-party vendors
* On-Call availability, periodic overtime, some travelrequired
* Additional duties assigned as needed
LOCATION: Far Hills NJ