Software Quality Assurance Spring Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Nokia Siemens Networks
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join the team that's transforming the way the world communicates!
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The successful candidate will work in a team of highly motivated and talented software engineers, responsible for delivering new capabilities on the 7750 Service Router of Alcatel-Lucents IP Division. This router portfolio continued to gain market share in 2011, taking the overall #2 position in the worldwide IP router market. Work on the worlds highest quality IP router and be part of a team which truly cares and has a passion to win.
* Perform testing of new line cards, media adapters and platform features on the 7750 SR product family
* Automate test cases and suites in a standard regression environment (Linux-based)
* Work closely with testers and developers to investigate and resolve issues
* Verify software bug fixes
* Monitor regression to ensure that new code does not break existing functionality
* Build test networks, work with cutting-edge hardware (eg. 100GE technology) and use test equipment for traffic generation and protocol emulation
* Learn and use network protocols to configure high capacity routers (XRS/SR12) to route Tera-bits per second worth of traffic
* Learn to work on cutting edge LTE and Mobile Gateway Technology
* Develop tools that will be used by the whole engineering team to help debug test case failures
* Responsible for mirroring performance on different chassis/IOMs
Improve regression tests to run faster and more reliably
* Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills
* A curiosity to learn, reverse engineer, and tear apart a feature or a design (i.e., research and understand your area inside and out in order to test it thoroughly)
* Solid programming skills (TCL/TK an asset)
* Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Quick learner, self starter, able to work independently
* Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Passion for quality
* Desire to work with new cutting-edge hardware
* Knowledge of some of the IP networking protocols
* Experience with test automation
Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
* Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college/university
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Able to work from the Mountain View, CA office or Naperville , IL office
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.