Software Quality Engineer Health Care Applications 9/1/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Software Quality Engineer Health Care Applications
Portland, OR or Tacoma, WA
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for assuring the delivery of high quality products and software services. We are looking for a senior level engineer that applies extensive technical knowledge and experience to develop and deliver solutions for software projects. In addable to lead teams carrying out quality assurance and testing strategies for complex projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Participate on project scrum team. Participate on defect triage team. Manage personal work backlog using agile practices.
* Review user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications, software designs, code and tests.
* Write automated and manual test cases and procedures. Collaborate with peers to ensure adequate test coverage and efficient test execution.
* Apply industry-standard methods to develop, automate and execute unit, component and system-level tests.
* Report test results, submit defects and verify defect fixes.
* Ensure software testability, test coverage and test maintainability meet project requirements.
* Assess the impact of requirements, design and code changes, recommend test updates and regression testing, and execute agreed upon tests.
* Act on metrics to improve process effectiveness, test execution, and product quality.
* Participate in process improvement efforts.
* Mentor team members to ensure software testability, achieve required test coverage and improve automated test stability and maintainability.
* Collaborate with Development to define software requirements, design and implementation to ensure testability, scalability, maintainability, and reliability.
* Develop new technical solutions to ensure project quality, cost and schedule requirements are met, risks mitigated, and quality plans and test plan are executable.
* Use metrics to understand process effectiveness, quality assurance and testing progress, and product quality and recommend actions.
* Lead assigned process improvement efforts.
* Assess vendor quality and testing based on requirements in Statements of Work. Collaborate with vendors to plan and execute integration and system level tests.
* Assess and escalate issues as needed to Software Quality Lead.
* Participate in defect triage, program risk analysis and development cycle-time optimizations. Identify opportunities to enhance test automation framework and tests.
Bring the following professional experience and education to this role:
* Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Ruby, Python or C#.
* Ability to react quickly and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
* Ability to learn, apply and follow company best practices.
* Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
* Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical project team members.
* Demonstrated experience with web, mobile and database application technologies, automated testing and tools.
* Demonstrated experience with one or more: software reliability, automated test maintenance, static analysis, or code coverage.
* Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize metrics and understand processes related to effective quality assurance and testing progress.
* Extensive experience with web, mobile and database application technologies, automated testing, frameworks and tools.
* Demonstrated experience with TDD/ATDD, Continuous Integration, Design for Testability, and Software Stability.
* Demonstrated ability to select appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Demonstrated ability to work across project teams to leverage existing knowledge, technologies and solutions.
* BA/BS degree in computer science or related field and 6 years of experience performing software quality and testing throughout product development, deployment and maintenance, including 3 years of experience writing, running and automating tests; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is available at levels III or IV DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions. We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members.
We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.