Software Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Software Quality EngineerJob ID:
Software Quality Engineer REQ ID:
Malabar, Florida Job Description:* Develop, administer, operate, manage and maintain a SW and HW Quality Assurance system in Palm Bay, FL
* Take the lead and ownership of QA processes and procedures and ensure conformance to established company, contractual, and regulatory standards
* Assure that all aspects of the assigned programs' SW and HW Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and proficiency testing practices are sound and within established Quality Assurance guidelines
* Conduct audits and proficiency testing; recommend implementation of preventive measures and corrective action to ensure non-recurrence of deficiencies
* Perform development and execution of Software Quality methods and processes
* Responsible for performing tests, test methods, and test procedures to ensure continuous improvement to Software Quality Assurance standards
* Implements and defines testing methodology and standards to improve results
* Creates and maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
* Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action
* Consults with senior testers and development engineers to help resolve issues
* Ongoing work towards improving the test process is also expected
* Communicate effectively, both written and oral Qualifications:* Bachelor's Degree in Quality Science, Computer Science, or Engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 3 years related experience.
* Experience in validating software processes and products utilizing established quality assurance policies, plans and procedures.
* Experience participating in team software design/code peer reviews for technical and process evaluation. Additional Preferred Qualifications:* Ability to collaborate with teammates to continuously improve software engineering processes and products.
* Ability to collect, analyze and report on software quality discrepancies, include trend and pareto analysis of results.
* Ability to investigate software defects and work with teammates to develop disposition, evaluate root cause, and establish corrective actions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Software, Engineering, --Quality Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - FL - Malabar .