Software Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: PHOENIX, AZ
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* Sqe (us national only)
* Design quality assurance engineer will perform systems, software, hardware engineering and development quality assurance engineering
* Position will support process assurance activities for arp-4754, do-178 and do-254 programs. This position will act as the advocate assuring:
* development activities are planned documented and executed to satisfy regulatory, customer and designated internalrequirements.
* Sys, sw and hw development processes are capable and effective
* Artifacts are in place as evidence to support the execution of those processes
* Assessing engineering activities in compliance to do-178, do-254, arp-4754 and as9100/as9006/iso9000 and report and track non-conformances as it pertains to these standards.
* Support customer and regulatory agencies during audits, reviews and assessments.
* Review and approval of engineering sw/hw/sys development life cycle data
* Identify process improvements to more effectively meet the customer's requirements
* Improve metric gathering methods
* Participate in the change control board
* Monitor and audit the change control process and artifacts
* Witness formal testing
* Perform conformity reviews
* Basic qualifications
* Bachelordegree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or computer systems engineering
* Critical thinker & able to offer value added solutions
* Proficiency in safety-critical avionics considerations and practices
* Do-178b/c, do-254, arp-4754
* 5 years or greater in an engineering role 2 years in an engineering quality assurance role
* Experience with engineering support tools for requirements and configuration management tools such as ibm rational doors, ibm rational synergy/change
* Asq qualityengineer/auditor
* Self-starter/independent worker that demonstrates initiative and sound judgment and has the ability to manage and coordinate their work with groups outside the department
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong computer and web navigation skills