Software Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Harris Computer Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Picis (www.picis.com) a division of Harris Computer, is seeking a highly skilled and action-oriented Software Quality Engineer to fill an important role at Harris PulseCheck to ensure new software development and issue resolutions are ready for release to our customers.
As a Software Quality Test Automation Engineer you will be responsible and accountable for Test Automation and Quality Assurance of the PulseCheck EDIS product. You will work closely with the Product Owners and the development team and are responsible to ensure functional, integration, and regression automated test cases are defined, implemented, and ran and the PulseCheck product achieves and maintains consistently high coverage on all test automation KPIs during its entire life-cycle.
We are looking for someone to take ownership for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and the solution works as expected.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, APPLY TODAY!
High-level responsibilities of the Software Quality Assurance Engineer include analyzing requirements, developing test plans, staging test data, running tests, documenting results, tracking issues and verifying that all information about each modification is documented correctly.
* Analyzes software requirements and technical specifications.
* Participates in requirement and design review meetings.
* Create the test automation and CI/CD infrastructure for the PulseCheck R&D Team
* Develops and documents application test plans based on business requirements and technical specifications.
* Creates test cases including detailed expected results.
* Creates and stages test data.
* Executes complex functional, application and regression test, both manual tests and automated.
* Records and documents results including anomalies and issues.
* Ensures compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards coding standards.
* Works closely with QA Team members to ensure all software bugs are caught in house before the software is delivered to the customer.
* Provides timely status reports.
* Uses a wide variety of software tools including writing SQL queries, running data simulators and verifying data within HTML files and application.
* Provides code modification overviews (Maintenance Release Notes) and application testing instructions for users.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science
* Experience implementing test automation solutions.
* 5 + years experience with Scripting Language Skills (Python, Perl)
* Working knowledge of database concepts.
* Experience in producing automated systems/tests reports.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Must have experience writing clear, detailed test plans and status reports.
* Strong organizational and self-management skills.
* Working knowledge of software quality methodologies.
* Working within cross functional teams
Picis is a global provider of innovative information solutions that enable rapid and sustained delivery of clinical, financial and operational results in the acute care areas of the hospital the emergency department (ED), operating rooms (ORs), post-anesthesia care units (PACUs) and intensive care units (ICUs). Picis offers the most advanced suite of integrated products and services focused on these life-critical areas of the hospital where the patients are the most vulnerable, the care process is the most complex and an increasing majority of hospital costs and potential revenue are concentrated. Learn more about us at http://www.picis.com/.
Picis Clinical Solutions Inc. (Picis) is a division of Harris Computer, a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Constellation Software is a rapidly growing conglomerate of vertical market software (VMS) companies; each focused upon dominating its respective market niche. Constellation's growth is based on a simple strategy: identify promising VMS firms; acquire them; and then integrate them into the Constellation family while building on their fundamental strengths to help them become world class organizations.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.