Software Release Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
The Associated Press
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Associated Press seeks a Software Release Manager for its Washington, D.C. ENPS location.
The Software Release Manager manages the software life cycle for the ENPS product line including setting development priorities, managing test plans and cases, creating release notices and collaborating on documentation. Strong organizational and communication skills are a must, along with driven proven project management experience and the ability to meet demanding deadlines. The Software Release Manager is expected to pursue continuous improvement of processes and outcomes with the goal of reducing defects and improving customer satisfaction with releases. The person filling this position will be a key member of the ENPS product design team reporting to the Director of Product Design.
* Manage day-to-day communication and collaboration between AP and ENPS software development team
* Represent customer interests to the development team, including articulating development needs, maintenance of code branches/versions
* Manage risks and resolve issues that affect software release scope, schedule and quality
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered to the market on time and meet or exceed expectations
* Communicate clearly and timely to key stakeholders regarding schedules, progress, scope changes and opportunities for improvement
* Create release notices for each software release
* Build sprint backlog nominations to discuss with development team
* Manage mid-sprint priorities
* Build/manage/maintain test plans and test cases for AP QA/UAT responsibilities
* Ensure releases are of high quality and meet customer quality expectations
* Work with Documentation Manager on operational documentation
* Collaborate with Operations Manager on maintaining test environments
* Provide technical leadership to teammates
* Review defects reported by global operations teams and serve as level 3 escalation resource
* Research new technologies and development needs that will benefit customers.
* Pursue a plan of continuous improvement
* Prior experience in software testing and the construction of test plans
* Strong communication and collaboration skills for teams working on- and off-site
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills a must
* The ability to work independently and set and manage priorities for multiple projects is a must
* Project management experience a must. Software release management or PMP certification a plus. Agile certification a plus
* Familiarity/experience with any or all of the following is highly desired Microsoft Team Foundation Server; Microsoft Test Manager; load testing/testing automation tools; VMWare Workstation
* Knowledge of AP s ENPS software is preferred
* Experience working in the broadcast/online news industry is considered a plus.
* A degree in computer sciences or a related technical discipline is preferred, though AP is willing to consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Physical Demands: The candidate must be able to work in an office setting, including use of office equipment and software and sitting at a desk during regular office hours.
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.