Software Requirements Engineer, Senior 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS ENGINEER creates product specifications, based on customer and stakeholder requirements for the development of new products or changes to existing products.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and/or task and workflow analysis.
* Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
* Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable,
and that they conform to documented processes and standards.
* Perform complex research, analysis, and documentation.
* Perform validation of functional requirements, use cases, workflows, and data models.
* Participate in requirements prioritization.
* Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
* Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
* Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool.
* Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
* Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect reports.
* Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
* Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development or improvement of the
organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
* Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects and products.
* An understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice; familiarity with requirements engineering literature and resources.
* An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment.
* Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
* Interviewing skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
* Listening skills, to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
* Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level
information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish between solution details and requirements.
* Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
* Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques, such as site visits, and expose new areas for elicitation.
* Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to the department's customers and stakeholders.
* Organizational skills, to work with the array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
* Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
* Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language.
Knowledge and skill of any of the following items is a plus:
* FDA Design Control regulations, and associated standards and guidances
* Microsoft Team Foundation Server
* DOORS Requirements System
* Experience with medical diagnostic devices / analyzers
* Experience on an Agile/Scrum team
* IREB Certification (or the equivalent)
* Database fundamentals
* Communication protocols, such as POCT1A1, HL7, ASTM
* Statistical Data Analysis
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or 5-8 years of successful experience in a related field and the successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities, Knowledge and skills as
* An appropriate advanced degree may be substituted for experience, where applicable.