Software Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 3/3/2017
Harris Computer Systems
Niagara Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Harris Local Government (HLG) is seeking a Regional Account Representative to join our Sales team!
Our Sales Executives plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities to maintain and develop sales of our HLG products.
* Generate new business within municipalities, counties, and utility districts
* Foster relationships with current clients
* Collaborate with team members and leaders to improve the customer experience
* Master the local government software solution product portfolio in order to articulate value via presentations and proposals
* Align solutions and services to client needs.
We are looking for someone to interact directly with existing customers and prospects to promote sales of financial, HR, and utility billing software and services. We want Account Executives who can communicate, liaise, and negotiate!
If this sounds like a great fit, APPLY TODAY!
* Develop regional territory sales and marketing plan for both existing and new name business
* Contact potential customers in a systematic and professional manner
* Plan, coordinate and roll out targeted marketing events to drive sales
* Ensure quality representation of product and service capabilities
* Stay involved with the customer after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction
* Demonstrate command of software solutions and services available in territory
* Participate in national and regional conferences and user groups.
* Maintain good working relationships with Customer staff at all levels
* Establish key contacts with industry leaders to maintain and grow knowledge of the Local Government Market
* Meet all standards established for this position as outlined in the Sales Compensation Plan
* Achieve Sales Goals set for the territory
* Bachelor s degree strongly preferred; MBA a plus
* Minimum of 3 years sales experience or experience working in state or local governments/Public Sector
* Ability to travel a minimum of 50-70% of the work week on average
* Comfortable presenting software in front of executives, supervisors and end users
* Superior oral, written and presentation skills necessary
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills necessary, especially effective listening & customer orientation mastery
* Basic knowledge and familiarity with computer technology such as networks, operating systems and databases is preferred.
* Fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Here at Harris Local Government (HLG), we are working together to create important solutions with the right technologies. We don't believe in using a certain technology for street cred; instead, we seek the best technology that enables us to make best impact for our customers (cities, towns, and counties across the US) and their residents (which are people like you and me). Of course, information technology is a set of tools, so it's really about the beauty, efficiency, and usability of the solutions that we create with them. The easier our products are on the eyes and the easier they are to use, the happier our customers are and the happier we are too! So, our goal is to create beautiful, modern, utilitarian products that could (if even in small ways) improve society from the ground up.
Accomplishing this goal starts and ends with our people. We educate, motivate, accelerate and celebrate their efforts every step of the way!
Harris Local Government (http://www.harrislocalgov.com/) is a division of Harris Computer, which is a member of the Constellation Software Inc. group of companies. Harris Computer has been providing complete Customer Information System (CIS) and Financial Management solutions exclusively to public and municipal utilities for over 30 years.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.