Software Support Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Software Support Engineer for our client in the Information Technology domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract - Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract - Contract-to-Hire
Location: Orlando, FL
Compensation: $34.00/Hourly - approx. $70,000.00/Salaried
Role: Software Support Engineer
Role Description: The Software Support Engineer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience. This Candidate will assist in current customers in developing software using Client software products, current industry techniques, standards, and processes.
The Software Support Engineer troubleshoots errors and develops technical solutions related to software or setup errors and supports the sales process through product demonstrations, proof of concepts, and developing conference papers. Domestic and international travel is required, up to 15% or more.
Verbal communication skills are key to have.
Required Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate has a BS Degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, a related degree, or equivalent experience, as well as experience developing object oriented software (using C++ or JAVA).
- Experience with OpenGL or DirectX, graphical user interface design, and related visual simulation technologies are a definite plus.
- In addition, the candidate should possess strong presentation and writings skills as well as the ability to multi task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists customer in implementing software in accordance with customer requirements and design constraints.
- Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and setup errors for customers.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Works with product teams to assist in identification of new product requirements
- Acts as a customer advocate within the organization
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Develops and presents sales demonstrations of products that are customized to each client's needs.
- Maintains relationships with distributors globally.
- Develops new business leads.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Tom McCann