Software Support Specialist - Rochester, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SCOPE:
This individual contributor position will help to ensure TEGRIS and T-DOC software operation so that end-users can effectively manage their surgical room operations using TEGRIS and medical instrument workflow using T-DOC. The support specialist provides technical support and system troubleshooting via phone, email, and occasionally on site. Primary responsibility will be support of TEGRIS, with secondary responsibility for T-DOC support.
* Field incoming support requests via telephone and e-mail in a courteous and professional manner.
* Prioritize and schedule support requests.
* Document customer information and nature of problem or issue.
* Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
* Record, track, and document per the help desk problem-solving process, including all decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
* Use remote access tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
* Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
* Perform fixes as required, including remotely installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
* Occasional on site visits if remote remediation is not successful.
* Perform post-resolution follow-up and document customer acceptance of resolution. Close request.
* Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
* Escalate problems when required to Level 3 technical support.
* Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists.
* Dispatch field service technicians as required.
* Partner with other groups and departments to develop process improvements with the goal of providing seamless and professional customer support to both internal and external customers.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Analyzing Skills
* Planning Skills
* Building Relationships
* Action Orientation
* Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in IT or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A+ or Help Desk Institute (HDI) Certification is desired, or equivalent
* Training or certification in Microsoft SQL Server.
* Net+ Certification desired, or equivalent
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* 3-5 years' experience in an IT Help Desk role.
* Strong working knowledge of PC hardware, networking, Windows, VOIP technologies, video management, SQL Server, VPN technologies, remote access tools, client-server systems, as well as related hardware and software.
* Strong working knowledge of information technology concepts, client-server systems, as well as related hardware and software.
* Able to quickly learn Company processes and products.
* Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Self-motivated and proactive - able to work with minimal supervision.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
* Able to remain calm and cool when under stress.
* Honesty, integrity and professionalism.
* Excellent team player.
* Buid quality into all aspects if their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
* Ensure compliance toall FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (as applicable to the job function).
* Must have the education and experience to understand and comply with US & Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
* Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
* Adopt teh "Beyond Compliance Quality Cultuer" in the work environment, always meet and exceed requirements.
* Must be able to operate an automobile (valid driver's licensed required).
* Must occasionally utilize hand tools to connect and operate test instrumentation to monitor equipment function.
* Must possess, or be able to acquire, required government travel identification documents for both domestic and international air travel.
* Must be able to respond to inquiries and communicate with others via telephone.
* Must be able to interpret and manipulate data from technical manuals and written correspondence.
* Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
* Available for emergency calls after business hours.
Getinge Group is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability