Software Systems Analyst 8/10/2016
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work closely in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, fabricators and support personnel, and interact with the Army's leading scientists, to manage and execute projects that analyze, integrate, test and modify ArmyTactical C4ISR systems.
* Provide Army Intelligence Application expertise to C4ISR Integration Laboratory activities.
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, DCGS-A software applications, and databases.
* Configure data traffic flows between system components.
* Assist in the integration of Intelligence system applications with Tactical Communications Systems.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and five years work related experience, or a Master's degree and three years work related experience in a relevant technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* An additional eight years related technical experience may be substituted for Education.
* Must have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software.
* Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record.
* Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk.
* Technical understanding of software development process and the adaptation or integration of commercial software in a tactical environment.
* Basic technical knowledge of commercial router configuration and management including Cisco/Brocade router, switch, and firewall devices.
* A basic knowledge of Microsoft AD, System Center Operations Manger, SQL Database, etc.
* Basic technical knowledge of DoD Information Assurance guidelines and policies as it relates to operations of IA services on tactical networks.
* Works independently, with minimal supervision.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Preferred experience as a Field Service Representative for distributed Common Ground Systems - Army (DCGS-A) or similar military systems.
* Detailed understanding of the DCGS-A User Application and information workflows.
* Ability to install DCGS-A applications, configure servers, update and patch software, troubleshoot and correct installation, test and integration issues.
* Strong technical knowledge of Network Management applications and protocols including SNMP (c1, v2c, v3), syslog, Netflow, OSPF routing configuration management.
* Strong technical knowledge of virtualization management and hypervisors including vMware, vSphere, and vCenter.
* Strong technical knowledge of virtualization storage software including the configuration, provisioning, and operations of NetApp Data ONTAP.
* Prior Military experience in Army Tactical or Strategic Communications systems.
* Current SECRET security Clearance.
This position requires an active SECRET security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled