Software Test Engineer ASL 743
Title: Software Test Engineer ASL 743
Location: Huntsville, AL
Description: Test Engineer Software ASL 743
The Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) in Atlanta, GA is looking for Software Test Engineers who can think outside of the box and don t want to do the same old thing every day. We value bright, intellectually curious, growth oriented professionals and provide a work environment that allows work / life balance and opportunity. Check out your opportunities at GTRI.
This opportunity is within the Applied Systems Lab. ASL is GTRI s Applied Systems Lab which conducts world-class research for several US agencies. The laboratory s multidisciplinary systems and software research encompasses command and control modeling, simulation, analysis, design, development and other.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS, (MS preferred) in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- US Citizenship AND/ OR the ability to get a security clearance
- 5+ years testing software in SDLC environment experience
- Experience with Linux development tools
- Real-time network analysis tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Broad programming skills to support analysis in ANY programming environment from a testing perspective
- the ability to present complex technical topics in a concise and understandable manner.
- Experience working in a classified software development & testing environment
- knowledge of WireShark and network communications protocols and Data Distribution Services (DDS)
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation.
The Georgia Tech research Institute is hiring the best and brightest curious professionals to join their research teams delivering real-world results to government and industry partners. GTRI employs over 900 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $300 million. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. The sky is the limit when it comes to growing your career and professional interests in such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.