Software Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 4/29/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation currently has as opening for a Software Test Engineer with 5-10 years of experience. Specific experience with C, and C++ in both Windows and Linux based development environments is desired. The qualified applicant will perform various levels of software integration testing and verification. This includes identifying any sequence of activities that detail software operating issues, creating defect reports, investigating defect problem areas, supporting product demonstrations, supporting integration events and supporting testing activities that lead to a successful software release.
The work will include the testing and trouble-shooting of software modules that control and monitor commercial off the shelf (COTS) devices (such as power supplies, RF amplifiers, power meters), test equipment and instrumentation (such as vector signal generators and spectrum analyzers) and custom developed hardware.
The candidate must currently hold or be immediately eligible to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance with potential growth to Top Secret.
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* BSCS or BSCE degree. Must have degree in software or computer science
* Develop test plans and procedures based on system requirements, or at least develop test procedures from test plans and operators manuals
* Develop operator's manuals
* Perform integration testing, often with incomplete system assembly (may require creativity in developing test harnesses--e.g. expand on developer-provided unit test code)
* Produce problem reports to assist developers
* Linux administrative tasks (e.g. OS installation, DHCPD, NTP,... daemon configuration)
* Create software bootstrap packages and \\"live cd\\" operational disks
* Code reviews for system requirements compliance
* Provide debugging feedback and corrections--a software person should be able to find and fix minor bugs without impacting primary developers especially minor UI bugs (e.g., misspelled labels, or a UI widget has wrong limits)
* Generally be able to provide the \\"trained operator\\" for all system integration activities with respect to software
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled