Software Test Engineer - 1745
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 3/28/2017
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONSoftware Test Engineer
As Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for execution of Software Tests and Test Activities for the Product Development center s products and services. This includes the development of Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, and other project documentation. The Software Test Engineer must ensure test activities are conducted in accordance with existing policies and procedures, revision of existing policies and procedures, and the development of new policies and procedures, if necessary.
You will evaluate tools used for test activities, looking for new efficiencies and improvements, and implementing any changes. You must possess strong technical skills; the ability to see a strategic vision, and the drive to follow that vision.
The Software Test Engineer will communicate with other areas of the company, such as engineering, corporate development, and other programs. You will assist in the definition of product release requirements with technical leadership, and other stakeholders to ensure customer needs are met.
In this role, you will:
* Define and implement activities related to the validation and verification of software development. This may include scheduling, executing, and documenting software test processes.
* Develop comprehensive Test Plans, design and execute Test Procedures, and complete Test Reports for individual projects based on schedule and project objectives.
* Oversee developer-level unit testing for individual projects and products.
* Develop scripts and automation tools to perform regression testing on product software releases.
* Administer team-level testing software, and tools to integrate with other development tools.
* Provide efforts for ongoing support and maintenance of existing tools and applications.
* Participate in Project milestones such as requirements definition, design, implementation and support for various products.
* Ensure Millennium s software standards and procedures are implemented.
* Minimum of Bachelor s Degree in related discipline, or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in software testing
* Self-Starter and a motivated individual that is able to work together on a technical team
* Master s Degree in related discipline
* Experience with AGILE development
* Experience with Atlassian Products such as Jira, Confluence, and others.
* Experience in safety or mission critical space launch/re-entry industry is a plus.
* CMMI Level 3 familiarization and experience
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.