Software Test Engineer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hi ,
Hope you are doing great today !
ROLE : SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER
LOCATION : REDMOND, WA
EXPERIENCE (YEARS) : 6+
JOB DESCRIPTION :
This team will take the apps and install different OS's on machine to make sure they run correctly. Some of these test passes will be defined and some will also be Ad-Hoc testing. There is some operations work as well. Example of these might be setting up different environments in pre-production environments. This resource will work side by side with other STE 3 and work on various projects during duration of project. This work will be similar to installation of OS, Configurations, and running issues thru WTT to name a few.
* Guides and works closely with other STE's in reproducing and resolving issues encountered during test execution.
* Writes test specifications, test cases and automation scripts.
* Executes all testing issues and other tasks necessary to complete and ship a world class product.
* Runs automated test tools; compiles and reports results.
* Performs detailed analysis of test results and updates test cases/scripts accordingly
* Determines the component module that is most likely to be the root cause of a given problem based on detailed analysis of test runs
* Sets up complex hardware configurations, network technologies, operating systems, and applications.
* Provides some bug prevention and/or proactive testing through product specification reviews.
* Performs repeatable testing procedures and processes, with excellent opportunity to demonstrate ad-hoc testing skills. Evaluates and reports test results.
* Improves test quality and effectiveness.
* Uses automation tools to fix problems.
* Provides assistance to others as needed on projects.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field required. Master's degree is preferred and may substitute for up to 2 years of related experience.
* Knowledge of programming languages and debugging techniques is required.
* Ability to write and read at least one high level programming language e.g. C, C++, C#, Java, CScript, VBScript.
* Experience working with Microsoft product through development cycle.
* Demonstrated independence in testing production code and providing high quality product feedback.
* Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills.
* Demonstrated superior testing and project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to report quality bugs
* Knowledge of Microsoft and/or industry testing standards, development methods, and conventions.
* Excellent written English communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to use good judgment
* Demonstrated ability to define and use common terms and concepts for at least one operating system and environment.
* Working knowledge of personal computer hardware and peripherals, operating systems, applications, and other software.
* Basic Needs:Know how to set up debuggerTrouble-shooting skills - Root Cause AnalysisPrior Testing Experience.