Software Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/17/2017
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuties and Responsibilities
* We are looking for a self-motivated Software Test Engineer to drive the testing of our next generation of portable diagnostics platforms. In this position you will be responsible for:
* Understanding product requirements and ensure the software matches those requirements.
* Cross reference software requirements specification and software design to maximize testability.
* Updating and executing test designs and test cases.
* Effectively communicate results and issues to managers through direct communication and use of bug tracking system.
* Ensure FDA regulations are correctly followed during development.
* The right candidate for this position will be an experienced engineer who has demonstrated success in testing embedded systems and releasing high quality products to market.
Skills and Experience
* Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent (MS preferred).
* Experience in delivering products for the medical for the Medical Device industry (IVD industry preferred).
* 5 years of experience as a software test engineer verifying complex embedded systems.
* Proficient with Medical Device regulations (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, 21 CFR part 820.30-Design Controls, FDA SW Guidelines).
* Extensive experience preparing test designs (test protocols) and test cases with minimal supervision.
* Experience creating and maintaining traceability, coverage and defect trends metrics.
* Experience testing software in RTOS environments (e.g. Windows Embedded Compact/CE, QNX, Linux/Ubuntu Embedded, and VxWorks).
* Familiarity with communications: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
* Very strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Strong Microsoft office experience and technical writing.
* Experience automating testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance and stress.
* Familiar with testing of healthcare communication protocols (e.g. ASTM, HL7, POCT1A).
* Experience using Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM, XP, and TDD).
* Software scripting languages such as Visual basic, Java script, Python and etc.
* Experience in design control.