This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
- Performs software test activities
- Responsible for learning and participating in all phases of the software development life cycle
- Typical tasks include: developing manual and automated tests, generating test data, executing tests, gathering detailed results / evidences, analyzing test outcomes.
- Participates in software defect review meetings
- Tracks issues in defect tracking system
- Responds to all inquiries regarding the project under test
- Reports on testing status to Engineering Manager
- Plays a key part in developing innovative software in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Must maintain high standard of quality for test code, documentation, and other deliverables
- Must be able to work in TDD including authoring unit test code and be familiar with mock/fake object testing
- Adheres to industry best practices and contributes to internal coding standards
- Supports Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and Regulatory functions as necessary
- Current knowledge of FDA and international quality system requirements is OptionalQualificationsJob Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-4 years of experience as an entry-level software tester interacting with delivery teams, business, and others in the software development organization
- Knowledge of software testing techniques and test case development; can determine what test case is required for various testing scenarios
- Knowledge of creating moderately complex SQL queries
- Oracle, SQL/PLSQL or similar RDB skills
- Must be a problem solver and have natural curiosity about how software solutions work
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as a member of an Agile Delivery Team and willing to perform any delivery task including development, test, business analysis, and release engineering
- Must be able to work on tasks collaboratively or independently with appropriate supervision
- Informatica Power Center or similar ETL tools
- HP Quality Center or similar Software Test Management Environments
- Linux Shell Scripting or similar Shell scripting is desirable
- Mind Mapping or similar analysis / discover toolsEEO DisclaimerPAREXEL complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.