Software as a Service Catalog Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
EBSCO Information Services
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Software as a Service Catalog Specialist
The Software as a Service Catalog Specialist (SaaSCS) is responsible for providing all aspects of set-up and ongoing support for EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) Catalogs and assisting in the set-up and ongoing support for EDS Institutional Repositories. This is an entry level position for a recent Master of Library and Information Studies graduate or someone with comparable experience and education.
Support SaaS customers by providing initial set-up and continued support for EDS Custom Catalogs and Institutional Repositories. Support includes but is not limited to:
* Working closely with EBSCO Information Services Team members and the customer to obtain all necessary set-up information.
* Working with a variety of international metadata standards.
* Creating design instructions to map customer fields to EBSCO fields.
* QA Testing of initial EDS Custom Catalog and Institutional Repository set-ups and going maintenance.
* Working with Database Development, Production Operators, and Database Designers.
* Maintain documentation on SaaS Operations Team and associated support procedures, including but not limited to creating internal and external FAQs.
* Work closely with the Discovery Solutions Coordinator and/or Sales to provide support for questions pertaining to EBSCO's SaaS products/services.
* Assist in the training of team members as necessary.
* Assist in other Customer Relations team work as required.
* Understand the technical environment, products serviced and systems used at EBSCO Industries, and by our customers.
* Other areas of responsibility as deemed necessary for the proper support of customers and EBSCO s SaaS products/services.
30 Day Objectives:
* Understanding of SaaS Catalog workflows and technology.
* Understanding of SaaS Catalog design.
* Understanding of SaaS Catalog troubleshooting.
90 Day Objectives:
* Working knowledge of SaaS Catalog workflows and technology.
* Working knowledge of SaaS Catalog design.
* Working knowledge of SaaS Catalog troubleshooting.
180 Day Objectives:
* Proficiency in SaaS Catalog workflows and technology.
* Proficiency in SaaS Catalog design.
* Proficiency in SaaS Catalog troubleshooting.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* Bachelor s Degree in the field or 4 Years equivalent experience.
* MLS or MLIS preferred.
* Library industry-related experience a plus.
* Experience in data analysis and processing strongly preferred.
* Familiarity with XML a plus.
* Knowledge of MARC is preferred.
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO s Talent Acquisition Team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.