Sol Des & Implement Bus Data Intern - Summer 2017
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The UPS Customer Solutions internship program is designed to immerse the interns in the corporate culture and expose them to situations in which they can observe management behavior and interactions. The program provides an excellent learning environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects.
The Solutions Business Analyst intern will get to work with a variety of our staff while working on real projects that will help UPS grow. He/She will also have access to leadership staff and mentors as well as world-class training to broaden and develop skills. The Solutions Business Analyst intern will impact the organization by providing direct support to the Solution Design and Implementation (SOLDI) Information Technology Practice Area (ITPA) by assisting with creating dashboard reports, Infographics and marketing presentation materials.
* Develop project plan, identify tasks and milestones
* Prepare capstone presentation and deliver to senior sales leadership to demonstrate presentation and communication skills
* Work with a Project Manager to drive assigned project(s) to completion
* Automate reports created from MS/Excel pivot tables into dashboard management reports
* Provide analytic support in the preparation of reports and presentations to management including creating charts, tables, graphs and flowcharts
* Conduct research and perform data analysis based on marketing trends and present recommendations
* Interpret complex information to produce engaging visualizations and Infographics
* Demonstrates leadership attributes within classroom, projects, volunteering
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels of management
* Ability to multitask and work with cross functional teams
* Ability to work independently and remotely
* Produce results per established schedules
* Strong data visualization skills
* Experience in creating dashboards and Infographics
* Experience in creating technical marketing plans and competitive analysis
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus
* Experience with SQL and Tableau.
* Working towards completing a degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Logistics, Data Informatics, Computer Science or Marketing - preferred
* Intermediate or advanced level experience with MS/Excel PowerPivot tables and charts - preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity