- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Solar Incentives Coordinator
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
SOLARCITY employees are driven by our mission to provide clean energy to families across the U.S. and inspired to truly save the planet one home or business at a time. Beyond a welcoming atmosphere, SolarCity employees also work together to create an extremely positive and inspiring culture that brings in top talent, keeps drive and motivation high, and makes everyone excited to come to work each day. Do you want to be part of the SolarCity team? Apply today and join the movement!
The Incentives Coordinator is responsible for processing incentive applications and securing utility incentives for each allocated project. Coordinators interact daily with a broad audience, including public utility companies and internal teams such as Sales, Operations, Engineers, and Accounting. Ensuring that the incentive is secured requires a significant amount of administrative work including the retrieval and coordination of information, completing detailed and technical applications and submissions, relationship management, management of deadlines and milestones, and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate must be able to listen and observe, quickly identify the crux of a problem, research the issue, and clearly summarize what is needed. He or she must also be flexible and positive. This candidate must be extremely detail oriented and organized. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate is open to change and quick to adapt as necessary. Employees who are successful in this role are proactive, use common sense, and take pride of ownership over the quality and accuracy of their work.
* Prepare, review, and submit a high volume of applications and claims ensuring compliance with all relevant utility guidelines and agreements
* Identify common issues and develop suitable solutions and processes. Address incoming inquiries in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
* Update notes in internal database for all related tasks and manage project status changes
* Follow up on inquiries about project status in a timely, efficient, and professional manner
* Email and phone communication with SolarCity colleagues and utilities to ensure project moves smoothly
* Summarizing and clarifying information for other departments as requested
* Conduct web research and phone inquiries to analyze and document utility processes for various states and utilities
* Pro-actively contact utilities on the status of projects and get clarification on utility requirements
Extremely detailed and organized
Great problem solving skills and good judgment around when to escalate issues to managers if necessary
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service skills required
Regular, reliable and predictable attendance required
Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Enthusiastic and passionate about the solar industry
Patient, calm, and have a positive demeanor
Have a sense of urgency and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Effectively prioritize, multi-task, and manage time well
Flexibility and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
Proficient with desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, and Internet Explorer is required
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background screen. Additional pre-employment driving and drug screens may be required based on job responsibilities
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
Paid training with the nation s leader in solar power
Full benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance
Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
401(k) savings plan for eligible positions
Employee referral program
Some positions eligible for equity
Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.