This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SOLARWIND CONSULTANT for our client in SAN JOSE, CA
JOB TITLE: SOLARWIND CONSULTANT
JOB LOCATION: SAN JOSE, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
SOLARWINDS SME :
* Supporting Solarwind deployment in company's IT Infrastructure.
THE SUPPORT ROLE SHOULD HAVE, NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS:
* Solarwind Monitoring agent
* Supported agent for operating platform
* Custom agent using nrpe.
* Custom agent using ncpa
* Supported agent for applications (WAS, Databases, Directory Services, Messaging
* Performance Analyzer
* Automated deployment of agents, through centralized or decentralized ITM deployments.
* Clear understanding of the Solarwind architecture and functioning of Solarwind and its components
* Experience with previous versions of Solarwind and relevant Open source products for enterprise monitoring.
* Deployment of Solarwind in simple and complex environments, including High-availability, Disaster Recovery plans and procedures
* Troubleshootingexperience of Solarwind deployments in simple and complex environments.
* Act as Subject Matter Expert in the Solarwind and other Open Source Monitoring products
* Act as Point of Escalation for any critical outages of the Solarwind Monitoring System, not limited to, resolving availability issues, restorations of failed systems, invoking disaster recovery procedures, during BCP invocation.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to the Level 1 and Level 2 engineers.
* Participate in team reviews.
* Service improvements/enhancements by way of Service Improvement Plans, not limited to automation of routine activities, optimization of resources.
* Participate in capacity planning, capacity improvements.
* Work on tickets escalated by level 2 engineers.
* Keep stakeholders updated through SOP, on business critical incidents.