Solution Architect - Client Platforms
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSolution Architect - Client Platforms
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C's applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C's sole discretion.
Job Summary The Solution Architect - Client Platforms is responsible for integrating business, information, and technology architecture to create solution architecture for a business capability area. The role collaborates with Service Management Leads, Solution Engineers, Business Analysts and ITS Senior Management to understand and share the implications on solution architecture.
The Solution Architect - Client Platforms is viewed as an expert in complex application environments, encompassing both business process understanding and technical expertise. Leads in developing innovative, technical solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems. Has strong knowledge in business and technical functions that are touch points with their area of expertise. Provides technical leadership on complex projects. Runs prove of concept installations to understand and demonstrate technologies. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for extended team members. Is knowledgeable in industry best practices in their area of expertise and uses resources outside of KC to deliver solutions.
* Technical architect and leader of large and extra-large projects for a specific business capability or across multiple capabilities. Accountabilities across multiple functional and technical areas with wide range of complexity.
* Accountable for leading the overall design, including the detailed configuration that takes into account how to structure a segment solution based on requirements from the business, global and regional views, as well as the design of standard software configurations
* Delivers Solution delivery blueprints including but not limited to application specific diagrams, physical architecture, process diagrams, network diagrams, systems maps, service interfaces, technical interfaces, data modeling, integration planning
* Translates non-functional and functional requirement into solution designs, ensuring solution aligns with business goals and processes, uses and provides enterprise information consistently, integrates effectively with other applications, supports a common application environment and user interaction model, uses the common technology platform, and achieves enterprise level security, quality of service and scale.
* Partners as a bridge between ITS Infrastructure teams, Client Services engineers and key vendor technical consultants to make sure that the solution fits within that enterprise context
* Coordinates solution architecture implementations while leading design variances based upon business needs while ensuring artifacts are documented in enterprise architecture repository
* Manages engagements with vendors as they relate to evaluation, design and delivery of business capabilities
* Contributes to the evaluation and selection of hardware, network appliances and software product standards
* Leader in industry representation, policy formation, User Groups, and strategic direction
* Mentors others to complete Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives; consults and shares knowledge across org; awareness of industry trends
* Bachelor's degree
* 15+ years of continuous experience in architecting of IT infrastructure communication/collaboration solutions, unified communications and related network and security aspects.
* Possess strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges
* Provide thought leadership while keeping up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization
* Experience working with blended teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources
* Strong Technical leadership of Personal Productivity, Unified Communication/Collaboration teams and vendors
* Extensive experience collaborating with Infrastructure Solution Engineers and Enterprise Architects to identify, design, and implement highly complex, end-to-end solutions
* Cultivates networking opportunities within the organization
* Broad range of business and IT experiences; Has achieved technical and/or business certification(s).
* Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory
* Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside the K-C organization including suppliers, partners and customers.
* Experience with architecting world wide enterprise scale solutions. Proven track of records for successful participation in international project and initiatives.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time