Solution Architect (Cloud)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Solutions Architect, you'll be responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and prototyping of cloud data interface/collection add-ons for Splunk. You will drive information architecture projects. You will need to quickly learn and assess a technology to incorporate into Splunk. You must be able to clearly communicate the objectives to a remote team and transfer acquired knowledge effectively and efficiently manage cross-team collaboration.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a broad knowledge of technology. You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Creative and adaptive approaches to rapidly effect changes will be an asset.
* 5+ years relevant experience analyzing and enhancing enterprise and cloud systems
* Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive milestones
* Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences
* Experience with Splunk very desirable
* Scripting/programming skills in Python or Perl or PowerShell or shell scripting
* Occasional international travel is required
* Architecture experience a plus
* Experience and familiarity with IT management products and monitoring/analysis systems a plus
* Domain expertise with IT operations, security, compliance or network and application management a plus
* Experience in successful startups in areas of systems management, log management and security a plus
* Experience with build tools like ant, grunt, and bamboo desirable