Solution Architect, Data Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Datacenter Solutions Architect to be based out of our Brentwood, TN location. Much of the time for this position is spent meeting with customers at their locations, so the successful candidate will have an element of local travel (up to 3 hours) via automobile to reach regional-client locations.
As a Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre Sales Engineering Team, the candidate will be responsible for meeting with Presidio's Commercial and Enterprise customers, collecting requirements for infrastructure solutions relating to Data Center Infrastructure and Application projects and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers. Candidates also need to be well versed in Cloud solutions such that they can lead conversations with our clients about solutions such as Azure, AWS..
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, implementation experience with the various datacenter and cloud products and technologies is a plus, be highly motivated, excited about learning new products and technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
The essential responsibilities of the Datacenter Solutions Architect are to work directly with customers and account managers in pre-sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in Sales, Marketing, Proposals, and Project Management areas. Specific responsibilities include:
* Meet with Customers and Collect Customer Requirements
* Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
* Provide regular updates to strategic clients on latest industry trends, new product offerings and roadmaps
* Participate in regularly scheduled business reviews, including review of solutions deployed to date, key business initiatives and identification of improvement areas for customer's technology and operations.
* Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers
* Create Customer facing Presentations
* Lead customer architecture conversations
* Create Bill of Materials (BoM), Build Scope of Services and Professional Service pricing and Write and present Statement of Works (SOW)
Specific Responsibilities include
* Develop Director/Executive level relationships and establish self as trusted advisor to customer
* Maintain technical expertise and provide customers with tactical direction related to Hyper Converged and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure solutions, traditional vs flash based storage, BRS / DR services, and Cloud / Hybrid-Cloud technology migration strategy.
* Develop strategies to reduce complexity, increase operational efficiency and advance customer's IT positioning with leading technology solutions in the market.
* Educate and inform customers of available technologies. Coordinate with Presidio partners and effectively navigate through discussions to determine best course of action for recommendations.
* Perform product evaluations, provide comparative deep dive analysis and make recommendations to customers for best of breed products and offerings
* Assemble and present complex multi-technology solutions, engaging SMEs and Vendors when necessary to develop solution proposals.
* Lead design effort in RFP's and assist Solutions Architect in response to complex designs and questions. Validate design parameters with Solutions Architects and Consultants to ensure smooth transition of delivery services.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in an IT related field of study with 7+ years of practical technology experience. 10+ years of practical experience without Bachelor's degree.
* Expert Level Knowledge of Data Center architectures to include: storage and storage area networks, virtualization, backup and recovery.
* Demonstrated passion for technology, solution design and self-study.
* Comfort leading CIO/CTO level presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions.
* Proven experience in building enterprise-class solutions for large-scale global customers
* Solid verbal and written communication, organization skills and detail oriented.
* Value Added Reseller (VAR) experience is preferred
* Qualifying certifications: Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange or Office 365, VCP5 or higher is preferred, Cloud Architect and Virtualized Infrastructure Specializations are preferred
* Design experience on a virtualization platform (vSphere, Hyper-V)
* Designing and Configuring Cisco UCS familiarity.
* Understanding of Hyper converged infrastructure like Nutanix, Simplivity, and Cisco HDX
* Experience with Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 Deployment/Migrations
* Experience with backup and recovery methods (virtual environment, file shares, block migrations)
* Experience with design and implementation of Backup and Deduplication product portfolio that includes Exagrid, Avamar, and Data Domain
* Experience with implementing backup and recovery of SharePoint, SQL, Exchange and Oracle Databases using Veeam product suite.
* Knowledge of system management best practices, scheduling/recovering from SAN array snapshots, complete backup and restoration experience is desired.
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.