Solution Architect (E)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SOLUTION ARCHITECT (E)
JOB ID 20161783 DATE POSTED 08/12/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Design business solutions in response to specific business needs that are fit for purpose, compliant and adhere to all National Grid operational, architectural and design standards and principles. Ensure the integrity of solution designs from concept through implementation, balancing the architectural concerns of projects with concerns of the enterprise. Ensure consideration of all design alternatives and provide technical guidance to wider project team and business stakeholders.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Identify, Own and Support the Delivery of global solutions for assigned projects.
* Provide all design related services, at the blueprinting level, for 1 or more projects under the direction of a Lead Solution Architect, Project Manager.
* Ensure the integrity of solution designs through detail design, build and implementation.
* Provide thought leadership on innovative technical solutions to business stakeholders.
* Identify options that maximise reuse and minimise overheads to operating budgets.
* Ensure that solutions conform to the National Grid Enterprise Architecture.
* Ensure solution are compliant to National Grid s policies.
* Furthering and promote the Strategic vision of Enterprise Architecture.
* Obtain all required approvals.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Educated to degree level in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Relevant industry certification (e.g.TOGAF) desirable.Experience applying standard architectures and patterns within solution designs.
* Experience developing Solution Architectures.
* Knowledge of business analysis techniques, tools and requirements gathering.
* Knowledge of basic networking concepts and design practices.
* Knowledge of various hosting environments and platforms.
* Knowledge of basic integration techniques.
* Knowledge of database design and database management systems.
* Minimum of 3 years of software development and/or support experience at an enterprise level.
* Good written and verbal communications skills.
* Good stakeholder management and influencing skills at project stakeholder level.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Design responsibilities for 1 or more projects under the direction of a Lead Solution Architect with accountability to Project and Program Delivery Managers
* Enterprise Architecture to understand the Enterprise Architecture for National Grid.
* Enterprise Architecture team for Enterprise Architecture governance.
* Business Analysts, Relationship Managers to understand business requirements.
* Digital Risk and Security to ensure compliance.
* Service Delivery Partners to ensure design requirements are accurately addressed within the physical infrastructure.
* Detailed design and development teams to govern the development of the architectural solution.
* Centres of Excellence for methods, good practice and consultancy.
* Service Transition team to ensure the architectural solutions are designed to operate.
* The broader National Grid architecture community through the Architecture Community of Practice.
This position is one of National Grid s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Aug 12, 2016, 7:24:49 AM