Solution Architect Principal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11152 Solution Architect Principal (Open)
SBU - Comcast
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Drive Revenue. Partner with the Sales, Customer Relationship Manager, and the Customer Configuration Manager to drive opportunities on new features, enhancements, and/or full end-to-end solutions.
* Create and implement a strategy to build a broad use of CSG's product portfolio across our customers' organizations.
* Proactively evaluate the customer organizational capabilities and make recommendations for the creation and delivery of new capabilities and/or expansion of existing functionality.
* Transform the customer's objectives or challenging problems into creative solutions and opportunities through use of CSG's product suite or custom development solutions with PSG.
* Create highly complex designs that meet the customer requirements, fit within the OSS/BSS infrastructure, and maximize CSG's product offerings.
* Assist in the development of sales proposals and other key documentation that are leveraged during the sales process.
* Drive the solution selection and decision-making process and provide the necessary information to influence the customer to make an informed decision.
* Present the recommended solution to the client and influence adoption. Receive feedback and validation for functionality improvements.
* Consult and Advise: As a trusted advisor to the customer, bridge the gap between CSG and the customer to identify and qualify business solutions and opportunities in alignment with customers' business plans. Gather resource requirements and cost/benefits analysis for conceptual solution models.
* Lead the sales, relationship management, and customer care teams to identify and prioritize business requirements for new features and/or complex changes. Ensure business requirements are clearly defined, variable, and scalable globally across the company.
* Consult internally and externally on technical opportunities inherent in the existing product roadmap
* Build strong relationships with the customer - specifically with technical team members to ensure professional interactions are consistently maintained.
* Own the technical engagement with the customer and the ultimate success around implementation of projects and defining the implementation architecture.
* Leverage a logically structured, data-driven approach with critical thinking and disciplined problem solving tools to arrive at solutions that are mutually satisfactory for CSG and the customer.
* Collaborate and author comprehensive solutions architecture and requirements documents.
* Gather requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task, and workflow analysis,
* Lead developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing product enhancements and/or new features.
* Lead design sessions in prototyping new solutions for the purpose of enhancing product portfolio and increase user adoption of CSG's product portfolio.
* Ensure technical viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent change requests.
* Functions as a subject-matter-expert and participate in the resolution of system and product issues in escalation situations.
* Provide technical leadership of the cross-functional team through the design, build, test, and delivery process.
* Based in best practices, develop and propose solution architecture guidelines and organizational capabilities to be leveraged across the various solution architecture teams.
* Lead other project team members to increase their understanding of the customer and the use of technology.
* Provide feedback to the product development organization for improvements, market trends, customer architecture roadmaps and product issues.
* Lead critical projects that require providing the less experienced team members with guidance and advice to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
* Independently resolve complex projects, issues, and challenges encountered.
* Generate thought leadership around our product assets and overall solutions. Typically participates in industry/knowledge reference groups.
* Identify, research, create, and manage new forums, events, and organizations geared towards sharing technology ideas and solutions that can be leveraged across all customers within our industry.
* Lead efforts to capture and share best practice knowledge among the CSG solution architecture community.
* Engage in knowledge transfer with colleagues on other teams.
* Continue to educate self on business to continue to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via technology changes for the business.
* Keep up to date on industry and product technology trends to ensure the ability to work on variety of different solutions for the business
Professional Working Behavior
This role is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's Competencies and Core Values.
Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to and exceeding 25% of the time
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, and/or a related field
* Typically 15+ years of relevant work experience in the area of product management, solution design, and customer consulting in a comparable environment
* Expertise in developing in any one of the following languages: C/C++, C#, JAVA, Python, and/or Perl on UNIX, LINUX, or Windows operations systems is highly desired
* Expert understanding and experience with SOA
* Oracle and PL/SQL experience
* Experience in leading the planning and estimating of the full SDLC activities. Experience with Lean and Agile methods
* Knowledge of CSG applications preferred.
* Leverages a holistic view of the overall business and produce high-level solutions, in relation to the commercial impact of the business and translate into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
* Advanced issue management skills; analytical, technical, and problem solving skills to identify and facilitate solution development in an effective and efficient manner
* Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence at all levels in the organization; both internal and external
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present solutions and the associated business impact in a clear and concise manner
* Process-oriented and logical thinker with the ability, flexibility, and adaptability to respond to changes
* Ability to manage complex projects at an enterprise level
* Demonstrated good judgment and pragmatic approach to developing a solution that optimizes architecture activities across company needs, business constraints, and technical realities.
* Expert facilitation and negotiation techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
* Ability to predict and position the organization to meet future challenges.