This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTION11318 Solution Consultant (Open)
IM - Sales Engineering & Marketing Specialist
The Solution Consultant performs both a sales and technical role in support of sales productivity and deal flow by assisting in the technical close of the sale. In collaboration with sales, service, solution architecture, development, and product management, the Solution Consultant educates potential customers while comparing and contrasting the solutions available for purchase. Under the guidance of more experienced Solution Consultants, this role leverages both business and technology knowledge in order to map technical benefits to the actual business requirements. The Solution Consultant conducts sales presentations and product demonstrations and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of solutions for the customer.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Collaborate with the sales team and participate in the technical aspects of the sale to include the development of such artifacts as: application description, system flow diagrams, input/outputs, connectivity, project schedule, reporting, and SLAs. Create NDAs, proposals, SOWs, MSAs, and Reseller agreements, as requested. Alert the sales team to potential risk to deal closure. Work product may require review from a more experienced Solution Consultant.
* Identify the customer requirements, and collaborate with internal teams to design a product set or solution to meet those requirements, present the proposed solution, and adjust the solution as necessary for the customer. Under the guidance of more experienced Solution Consultants, validate the product, service, and/or solution is relevant, the right fit, and complete for the particular customer.
* Present technical architecture and product design solutions to the customer. Demonstrate the functional and technical aspects of the solution while educating the customer on the value-based benefit, scalability, story, ROI, and environment configuration of the solution. Under the guidance of more experienced Solution Consultants, ensure our customers/prospects understand the nature of our complicated products and services by translating our terminology into theirs.
* Meet or exceed assigned productivity and profitability quotas while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Pursue both new business and additional business development opportunities within target accounts with regard to product enhancements or initiatives. Participate in the RFI/RFP process.
* Track economic and industry trends as well as competitive threats and understand its implications on customer business with both existing and new target accounts. Advise and educate colleagues on what may integrate with our product portfolio to provide a more comprehensive solution to match the business requirements.
Requires BS/BA/BE degree in business or related field with 12 years' experience in sales of software products and services
* Minimum of 12 years progressive pre-sales experience in CSG's target markets
* Successful track record of developing new businesses and quota attainment in a pre-sales role supporting large to mid-sized enterprises
* Ability to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospects with demonstrated results while leveraging SME to gain credibility with key prospects
* Executive level presence with the maturity and experience to actively participate successful sales opportunities
* Ability to assess a situation and quickly formulate the correct solution
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate moderately complex sales deals
* Ability to liaise between the customer/prospect and the technical teams while translating business requirements into technical requirements.
* Driven with the ability to achieve/exceed sales quotas
* IVR and messaging background.
* Call center technology experience.
Professional Working Behavior
This role is accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG's Competencies and Core Values.
Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to and exceeding 50% of the time