Solution Design Consultant 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Solution Design Consultant
TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL SKILLS -
* Provides integrated systems planning & recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall corporate & business goals.
* Leads the review & design concepts for new systems & develops & documents the technical design for the integration & implementation of the software.
* Provides logical/physical input to Operations areas to enable integration of new systems into current infrastructure.
* Provides technical direction & support for complex configuration projects.
* Directs the development of comprehensive & strategic business cases w/ cost/benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management & executive levels for funding & scope decisions.
* Directs/conducts the analysis of current business processes & functional requirements.
* Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate & validate the information.
* Consults on business process reengineering.
* Directs the analysis of enterprise-wide or very complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality & operational readiness assessment.
* Influences cross-functional &/or cross-divisional task forces to identify & document functional requirements, workflow, information sources & system specifications.
* May establish cross-functional task forces.
* Plans & coordinates application release requirements.
* Selects & customizes the methodology for the analysis & definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes & functional requirements & resource costs.
* Evaluates existing applications that could address client requirements & makes recommendations from complex projects.
* Identifies alternative uses of technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems & that support overall corporate & business goals that are appropriately aligned w/ the enterprise architecture.
* Identifies necessary changes to current business process.
* Identifies opportunities for solution sharing & reuse.
* Assists in the development of Service Level Agreements. Provides on-going assessment of Service Level Agreements.
* Advises clients on the consequences of actions. Communicates risks & ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan w/ client. Provides on-going communication.
ROLES including evaluation of success criteria, identification of best practices, lessons learned, & strategies for future releases & deployments.
* Reviews input on supply & demand management & feedback as needed.
* ITIL certification
* Experience working in Technology asset management and Configuration Management initiatives
* Experience in any asset management / configuration management / technology management solutions such as HP Asset Manager, Troux, BMC Atrium, Blazent, Service Now.